Load Range vs Max Load - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 02:38 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Load Range vs Max Load

I see that most people recommend an E rated tire for my F350, but as I look at different tires I have noticed some have a Max Load of 3200 pounds which is less than some of the D rated tires i've seen. What is the more important factor? I do not pull many heavy loads, but do occasionally load up the bed pretty heavy and I want to be able to use my truck to full capacity if needed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonevo View Post
I see that most people recommend an E rated tire for my F350, but as I look at different tires I have noticed some have a Max Load of 3200 pounds which is less than some of the D rated tires i've seen. What is the more important factor? I do not pull many heavy loads, but do occasionally load up the bed pretty heavy and I want to be able to use my truck to full capacity if needed.
Load capacity (LBS), or as an alternate, Load Index. Load Index is a standard unit of load capacity that can be easilly compared accross different tires and manufactures. Look for something with a Load Index of 126 (3,750 LBs per tire) or higher.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

This write-up we did should help.

LT Tires and How They Work

The minimum LT load index you can run on your F-350 is 123 but like noted above, 126 is ideal.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire View Post
This write-up we did should help.

LT Tires and How They Work

The minimum LT load index you can run on your F-350 is 123 but like noted above, 126 is ideal.
Thanks. Speaking of discount tire, I'm wanting to move up to a bigger tire, what is your policy if I were to purchase 37" tires from one of your stores and they were too big for my truck? Am I stuck with them or is there a return policy of any kind?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 11-28-2011, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonevo View Post
Thanks. Speaking of discount tire, I'm wanting to move up to a bigger tire, what is your policy if I were to purchase 37" tires from one of your stores and they were too big for my truck? Am I stuck with them or is there a return policy of any kind?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
We do not want you keeping product that does not suite your needs so if you purchase this size and they do not work out as planned we will certainly swap them out for another size. If you purchase this set from your local Discount Tire Store they will be able to test fit them for you as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.