Rotated my 37's.. Now its pulling real bad Right?! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 05:41 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Rotated my 37's.. Now its pulling real bad Right?!

Alright so I did all my Maint. Oil change/Filter, Fuel Filters, Lube Chasis.. and Rotated tires, but when I did that I took it for a drive, and of course, now it pulls bad to the right? I dont know why changing tire placement would have that effect but if you have any thoughts let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2011, 07:49 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Switch it to the back and see if it still pulls... And fill out your signature under user CP so we know what you're driving, it'll help diagnose. Welcome to the org!
Old 11-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Serving Our Country!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It could be that your alignment. Was off and your tires wore into the pattern and once you rotated them it showed up. Also try moving the two front tires to different sides and see if it pulls to the left
Old 11-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

You may have a bad ball joint and it was "seated" into its position. Then when you jacked up the front end to rotate tires it "unseated" the ball joint. I had the exact same thing happen on my Dodge Ram. It drove fine, then when I rotated the tires it started pulling to the left really bad. I jacked it back up and both ball joints on my drivers side where shot. So give that a check.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Just in case you don't know how to check your own ball joints...
Jack up the side you want to check by the axle, leaving the other tire touching the ground.
Grab the top and bottom of the tire, and gently push and pull back and forth between top and bottom. Kinda like your trying to rock the tire and rim onto the lugs. A little play is ok but any kind of popping or major movement is no good. If you experience any of that, your best bet is to replace both ball joints. While your at it, I would replace all 4. The best maintenance, is Preventative Maintenance.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

pull

may be dumb but did you see if they were directional?
Old 11-30-2011, 08:22 AM

What about tire pressure? Are the front the same?
Old 12-01-2011, 12:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

sorry about the but I have 37x13.50x20 toyo mt and Im in the same boat as you. Mine isnt terrible but it does like to wander to the shoulder withn a second or two of letting go of the wheel. I know the wider tires like to follow the crown of the road so am I just not used to it? I went from the stock 265s to the 37s. I dont really have to fight with the wheel but it likes to get ****ed to the right just a hair.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had the same thing happen to my honda civic.I was pressed for time one morning and desided to take my car to the local tire shop to have the tires rotated.When i drove the car home it was pulling severly to the left.Not knowing what the heck was going on i called my local mechanic and he told me to swap both front tires and take it for test drive.turns out that the tire shop rotated the tires improperly and the left front tire was spinning in opposite direction.i was told buy my mechanic that the steel belts on some tires take on a memory of which direction they where turning and when you put one of them on the front spinning the opposite direction it causes the vehicle to pull.I thought he was feeding me a bunch of b.s. but i swapped both front tires and the pull went away.From now on i rotate my tires myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.