Alaska Tires... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alaska Tires...

Any of my fellow Alaskans know where to get tires from?? Obviously purchasing online results in a $800 shipping fee, so I was going to try locally. Alaska Tire Sales has been a recommended one, and looks good, but they dont have the tire I want. I am looking for the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs. Seems to be the best tire for my application. I have stock 20" wheels (Lariat Outlaw) and am learning very quick that prices for 20" wheels SUCKS!!! Trying to stay around $300 a tire or less....May be impossible in the frozen tundra. Let me know if there is a good place around the Mat-Su or Anchorage bowl. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2011, 12:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Maybe try Anchorage Tire Factory. Tire prices suck up here! AK tire is good to deal with but looks like they dont carry goodyear. American Tire also carries goodyear. I think even Sams clubs and sears will carry them but likely will have to special order. Call around and see who can get you the best deal. I went thru the same thing looking for my 35" BFG KM2 a few years back, ended up getting them at Muffler city since they had them in stock. When my dad was stateside last year on a roadtrip he ordered up some new tires and rims for his F250 and drove them back up.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I lived in Kodiak for near 20 years. Never have your tires mounted and then shipped. I always shipped my tires individually by USPS and it usually ran from $25-$50 per. If you must have a mounted set sent up, use a freight forwarder like Southern Alaska Forwarding, if one serves your area. Your vendor will need to deliver the tires to them as they don't pick up.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:12 AM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Id say Costco but they dont know if they carry the goodyear stuff
Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I know down on the peninsula in Soldotna Alyeska is a good place to go. But idk haven't lived in AK in 6 years but when I get out of the military in 2 more I'll be back! And you can't go wrong with the Duratracs...severe weather rated...got 45k out of my last set and sold the truck with them on...still had probably 10k left in them. They saw everything from the sand and sun and freeways in SoCal to the mud/rain and snow in AK...best tire out there
Old 11-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks for the replies guys. The cheapest I was able to find the Duratracs in my stock size were at Sears...your trusted name in automotive service. $305 a tire.... So $1220 for all four, plus mounting and balancing (if balancing is even possible...). I found them at Sams club in Anchorage, and their prices seemed good, but they did not have my size...or anyone around that could answer the simple obvious question. If I can find a better deal than Sears, then I will let you all know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.