Firestone Transforce AT - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Firestone Transforce AT

So I went in to get an alignment done yesterday after installing a new tracking bar in my 2004 F350 because it still had something out of wack in the front end. Low and behold, my BFG AT KO's had apparently worn down to the point that my driver's side front tire had separated and developed a minor bulge in the tread. Only tire I could find in town was the Firestone Transforce AT. I'm not completely unfamiliar with these tires, my father runs them in a 265/75R16 on his 04 F350, and he's got them in a 235/85R17 on his 05 Dodge 3500. And also, my father in law runs them on his 07 GMC 2500HD Duramax and his 05 Dodge 2500. Now, the last set my father in law replaced had just over 62k miles on them before he felt like they were used up and unsafe. They've both had really good luck with them so I figure they're worth a try. Has anyone else run these tires with much luck? I switched from a 285/65R18 to a 275/70R18. They stand a little taller but they ride 100 times better and they are 200 times quieter on the road. Can't beat the price either! $967.00 mounted, balanced, new valve stems, free tire repair, rotation and balance for life!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

"I've owned Ford all my life, it'll pull it." - Hugh Rowland
Attached Thumbnails
Firestone Transforce AT-imageuploadedbyautoguide1318792999.806065.jpg   Firestone Transforce AT-imageuploadedbyautoguide1318793021.473047.jpg   Firestone Transforce AT-imageuploadedbyautoguide1318793038.391526.jpg   Firestone Transforce AT-imageuploadedbyautoguide1318793054.672318.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 01:37 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
hated mine, they lasted forever but i was always getting stuck and having to put it in 4wd to get out. great tire for highway and little offroad stuff. they do last a long time. i finally sold my old rims and tires and no matter how many burnouts i did it didnt look like they lost any tread at all. haha
Old 10-16-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travisH3 View Post
hated mine, they lasted forever but i was always getting stuck and having to put it in 4wd to get out. great tire for highway and little offroad stuff. they do last a long time. i finally sold my old rims and tires and no matter how many burnouts i did it didnt look like they lost any tread at all. haha
Haha! I'm hoping for some mileage. I get sick of dropping $1000 on a set of tires that only lasts 25k miles. I travel down a few gravel roads, at least 2-3 miles daily, but not enough mud to need a mud tire. I do miss the look of the BFG tho! Best looking tire on the market I think. Just not sure about their durability.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

"I've owned Ford all my life, it'll pull it." - Hugh Rowland
Old 10-16-2011, 06:36 PM

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Well you picked the right tire I kinda miss them though. I bought these basically cuz they look cool and they aren't bad road noise but tired of cleaning rims all the time now. Haha. The stock ones could get nasty as ever and clean right up. These not s much, too many little spots that yoUr fingers won't fit to clean
Old 10-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Powerstroke Techie

I just bought a set of transforces LT265/75 R16. My cost for 4 was $720 w/tax. My set of steeltexs I got for free from my boss are coming off. They are down to 5/32 and are so hard that I spin way to easily on wet pavement. I've run them for 15,000 miles and they only dropped 3/32.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Chug-a-lug!!!

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'd like to find some tires that get better tread life. i usually only get about 30k out of mine. I've had Nitto's TerraGrapplers and BFG TA/KO's. I was on set of Nitto DuraGrpplers when I traded the truck in so I didn't get to give them a chance but they seemed to be doing great after 5k miles. No bad wear at all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.