best tires? whats your thoughts guys? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question best tires? whats your thoughts guys?

okay so i know theres always the heated discussions on which tires willl last longer but still perform..... im ridin in a 200 f-250 super cab long bed 7.3 got a bit of weight comin in right around 8000 pounds. which really kinda wears on the tires when im rollin at least 300 miles a week. ive tried 235 dunlops and they were terrible. then went to 285/75/16 bfg all terrains, only got about 23000 24000 miles out of them... currently on firestone destination m/ts that are the same size 285. know ive seen the nitto stuff and definately not impressed.... has anyone tried some tires that can take the weight, and the over the road mileage but still do halfway decent for some off road stuff?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2011, 07:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Welcome to the org. I'm wondering the same thing as I will need tires in the near future. I guess I'll be watching...
Old 09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I had Terra Grapplers for a week and HATED them. I haul 11k on a regular basis (skid loader) and even at high PSI I would still get horrible wobble. The sidewalls felt weak and I didn't trust them for very long. I switched to Bridgestone A/T Revo II's and I love them. Have about 2k on them and it was one of the better decisions I made. Handle a loaded and unloaded truck very well
Old 09-19-2011, 02:16 PM

Michelin AT2's are suitable for MILD offroad use but are wearing very well under a friends 07 350. He got around 60k from his and his truck is a crew cab short box with atleast 1500lbs in the bed between the cap and tools 24/7, so its a pretty heavy truck. Also tows a 36ft fishing boat with it and never has issues with sway with them.

Im surprised your BFG's wore so poorly, i got 75k out of them on my Dodge, still not to the wear bars, i have a trailer hooked to my truck 5 days a week...They are very picky to pressure and if its wrong they wear poorly and by the time you figure it out they can already be too far gone...

Jason
Old 09-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Don't you worry about it

my Michelin LTX AT2's sucked. I have the Goodyear Duratrac now and they seem to be doing pretty well.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:21 PM

Funny, just cant win with tires. Guy here with a tacoma chewed right through his duratracs in 40k miles...Which is a tire i really wanted to run, and still may. These AT/S's i have now SUCK! They wont even make 25k miles, definitely need new shoes before the snow shows up.

Jason
Old 09-19-2011, 02:22 PM
Don't you worry about it

Ive got a crew at work that have gotten 60k out of 2 different sets of AT/S's
Old 09-19-2011, 02:31 PM

Yup...just cant win..lol

Jason
Old 09-19-2011, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by travise5 View Post
okay so i know theres always the heated discussions on which tires willl last longer but still perform..... im ridin in a 200 f-250 super cab long bed 7.3 got a bit of weight comin in right around 8000 pounds. which really kinda wears on the tires when im rollin at least 300 miles a week. ive tried 235 dunlops and they were terrible. then went to 285/75/16 bfg all terrains, only got about 23000 24000 miles out of them... currently on firestone destination m/ts that are the same size 285. know ive seen the nitto stuff and definately not impressed.... has anyone tried some tires that can take the weight, and the over the road mileage but still do halfway decent for some off road stuff?
Welcome to the Org. Give bridgestone Duellers revo 2's a shot. awsome tires that wear great and can handle heavy loads.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:16 PM

Like Jason, I'm shocked the BFG's wore the way they did. I have them on my Jeep, second set, the first gave me almost 70k as well.

I'm running Toyo AT's on my truck and have been very happy with the life to date.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.