ProComp or Mickey Thompson? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 04:08 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
ProComp or Mickey Thompson?

I'm starting to look at new tries for my F250 as my old BFG AT's wear down. I have to say they were really good in the sand here in south Florida but on the road they would have a heck of a time hooking up on good asphalt. Wore really fast too. Original tires were the Wrangler ATS and they didn't last long either, hooked ok on the road and weren't that bad off road. Now I'm looking at either the ProComp XTreme All Terrain or Mickey Thompson ATZ in size 35X12.5R20. My question is which tire should last longer? Im upgrading from the stock 275/65R20 (leveling the front, and dual stabilizers). I do 95% city driving. Stop and go to work and school and off the road almost every weekend. No mud, just sand. ANy recommendations? Also looked at Trail Grapplers but I don't think they'll last that long. Price is not an issue.

Thanks Guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just bought some Mickey Thompson ATZ's and I love them. I went with the 37x13.50x18. They make the 20" in a 35x13.50x20. Dont know if you can run the 13.50 but I just think the extra width looks cool! I mainly drive in town and I make a 3hour round trip every other weekend to get my kids. They did great on the interstate! I havent had them off road, but my friend that is the manager at the Cooper Service where I bought them has his second set on his Chevy 2500 and said they do good in light mud. Naturally they arent very aggressive so I wouldnt want to get too crazy in the mud. lol Anyway I work for Cooper Tire and Rubber Co. here in my town and Cooper owns Mickey Thompson, and we also build the Pro Comp Tires. I think either tire would be a great choice, and they are American Made! Let us know what you decide to go with.
Old 09-12-2011, 06:49 PM

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I'm pretty much sold on the Mickey Thompson's mainly for the look and tread pattern. When the time comes could you get me a price on a set or don't you sell them?
Old 09-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

No I dont sell them, I work at the factory. But I would be more than happy to get you a price on them. I think I gotta run up to Cooper Service sometime Wed and make sure my old tires and wheels that came off my truck when I got my new ones are not in their way. lol Got to get them sold! lol I will get a price for you when I go up there.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The Mickey's wont last as long. I have the pro comp xtreme A/Ts and they are great. I went from a set of BFG A/Ts and the difference is unbelievable. The Mickeys do look good but the pro comps have a 40,000 tread wear warranty as well.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:56 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've had both in 325/65/18 and each is a really good tire. I got 40K plus out of the Pro Comps and am approaching 60K on the MT ATZs. Probably could get over 60K if I'd done a better job of rotating them.

Rotating is the key. Keeps them wearing true and make the ride much, much better.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:12 PM

I've had really good luck with the Toyo AT's on my truck. Wear has been really good and they ride great.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide app.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.