BEWARE of wartires.com - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BEWARE of wartires.com

I thought I would give you guys my experience with war tires ( wartires.com )

I ordered tires from him several weeks ago and was promised them in four days. In fact I was told to expect the driver at my home by 5:00 on the day of the delivery date. In fact they had not been shipped. They did arrive about two week later however he sent me someone else’s order. (wrong brand and size) He now refuses to send me the correct set until I pay to have the mistake returned. As you can guess the freight cost in several hundred dollars and this mistake has nothing to do with me. I would be cautious of buying from someone who does not take responsibility for their mistakes.

See these replys.
BEWARE of wartires.com - Page 2 - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-08-2011, 07:14 PM

Wow are you serious. Let me post my emails from him. He did the same exact thing to me.

Well it appears as I am getting the short end of the stick. Thanks for sending me the wrong tires. I still hope you take responsibility for the mistake you made. But I doubt that is going to happen.

On Jun 12, 2011, at 10:00 AM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:

What I am saying is that we stand behind our purchases 100%. If you are not happy with anything we of course are willing to do exchanges and work with you to get it right. We will not pay for return shipping or for dismounts etc. We did not send them to you mounted but rather loose. Typically once you have mounted them we don't accept returns but I understand that you have some rubbing so again we'll work with you. If you are willing to return the tires to us via freight you have a couple of options available. You can of course receive a refund or we can exchange you tires for 14.5 Michelins. The weight on these tires is155.00 each per Michelin. The pallet weight represents the tires plus the pallet itself. We always go over to ensure that we aren't charged a "reweigh" fee. Anyway, when you decide what you wish to do just let us know and we'll go from there. Thank you

Charles

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 6:48 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
Do you have 14.5R20 tires available. Also I will have to pay them to unmount tires plus ship tires back to you. Then mount new tires. This shouldn't be out of my pocket. But how I read this past email, I feel that you're implying this.

What is the weight of these tires?

On Jun 11, 2011, at 4:12 PM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew,
> Good afternoon! I apologize for the inconvenience. I can certainly swap them out if you want to ship them back to us. Or if you want a refund we can go that route as well. You would still need to ship them back to us in that instance as well. Have a great weekend and let me know if you are sending them back this way.
>
> Charles Bowman
> War Tires
> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
> Bunnell, Fl 32110
> (904) 806-1413
>
> On Jun 11, 2011, at 4:53 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> We have a problem. The title of our emails says "14.5R20 43" tires" you sent me 14.75R20 45" tires. Now unfortunately I found this out today when I arrived at the 4 Wheel parts. They arrived yesterday and they were unable to have the truck ready for the parade. Not your problem.
>>
>> The first problem I have is I purchased dynabeads to balance a 43" tire 16oz. The required amount is 22oz to balance a 45" tire.
>>
>> The next issue is how it looks. Now I understand it's only 1.7" however it's not what I ordered.
>>
>> I also am unaware of the weight of these tires. The reason I purchased or thought I purchased 14.5r20 is they weigh only 150lbs. I am guessing but the shipment weight said 790lbs. That divided by four is 192.5lbs a difference in unsprung weight of 210lbs. A lot IMO.
>>
>> The tires just barely rub the front fender but they wouldn't rub if they were the tires I ordered.
>>
>> I have yet to drive the truck so I am unsure if the 16oz will balance them.
>>
>> How are we going to solve this problem. I believe it was around 500$ to mount and balance these tires. (4wheel parts is calling me back with an exact price). To unmount and ship back to you is going to be pricey. But this is not my mistake.
>>
>> Email me back so we can figure this out.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> On Jun 7, 2011, at 10:16 AM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Andrew,
>>> I found your tires on a freight dock in bama. I had another freight provider pick them up:
>>> Freight provider: abf
>>> Tracking number: 084825854
>>>
>>> I just paid abf their rate in order to get it out of Estes freight's possession. You can track the pallet online now and will see them pretty quick. Mystery solved. Estes fired!!
>>>
>>> Charles Bowman
>>> War Tires
>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>
>>> On Jun 5, 2011, at 12:10 AM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> I know it's not your fault, I am just trying to make arrangements. I know of * A few friends that are looking for these exact tires. If you find more I will send them your way.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Jun 4, 2011, at 6:38 PM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> The parade u will make but I apologize about boat trip.
>>>>>
>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>> War Tires
>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>
>>>>> On Jun 4, 2011, at 6:23 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Well my truck is suppose to be in a parade next Saturday June 11th. I also planned on taking my boat out tomorrow but no tires means no truck.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Let me know if you get a more exact time frame of arrival.
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> On Jun 4, 2011, at 7:36 AM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Andrew,
>>>>>>> Hey bud! I apologize, we were on the road yesterday. I know that they haven't delivered yet. Let me see if I can get ahold of my sales rep for update. Sometimes he will answer on weekend.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Jun 4, 2011, at 1:39 AM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Didn't receive an update today and the communication has been top notch thus far. If you have any idea on where my tires are let me know, as I have to have my truck towed to the shop whenever they arrive.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Jun 2, 2011, at 7:45 PM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> I will check that first thing in the morning. They should have arrived by now I agree
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>>>> War Tires
>>>>>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>> On Jun 2, 2011, at 9:37 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> Do you have a tracking number on these tires. Have yet to receive them.
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>> On May 27, 2011, at 11:51 AM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> U are looking at mid week next week. Have a great holiday weekend
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>>>>>> War Tires
>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>>>>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>> On May 26, 2011, at 10:33 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> How long does shipping take on average?
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 25, 2011, at 10:13 PM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10 4 thank u
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>>>>>>>> War Tires
>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>>>>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 25, 2011, at 11:35 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Money sent.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 25, 2011, at 8:24 PM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1475 delivered
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> War Tires
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 25, 2011, at 7:28 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> How much with shipping to a business. 4 wheel parts in SLC, UT. Address 1789 S. Redwood RD Salt lake city, UT 84104
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 25, 2011, at 6:50 AM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Awesome shape @ 90% + tread
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> War Tires
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 24, 2011, at 11:18 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No I just need 4. How new are they?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 24, 2011, at 8:42 PM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> A set is 4 tires. If u need 6 and u are ready to pay I can find two more. That would add 600 more dollars.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> War Tires
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 24, 2011, at 9:54 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Are they new, or close? I need them shipped to Utah. How many is a set, 6?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 24, 2011, at 7:38 PM, Charles Bowman <strategicindustriesllc@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I am receiving a set on Friday. One set... If you want to go ahead and pay now I will sell them to you for 1200 out the door. Just pay via paypal to cbowman@wartires.com thank you
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Charles Bowman
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> War Tires
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1 Enterprise Drive, Unit 3
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bunnell, Fl 32110
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> (904) 806-1413
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> On May 24, 2011, at 7:59 PM, Andrew <andrewbmw323i@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I am looking for a set of 14.5R20 or the 365/80/20. Let me know what you have. Ready to buy if available. Thank you.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>

--
Charles Bowman
War Tires
1 Enterprise Drive
Unit 3
Bunnell, Florida 32210
(386) 243-0089 Office
(904) 806-1413 Cell
Old 07-09-2011, 05:34 AM
Slacker

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
At first it sounded like the business owner was just trying to protect his assets, but the more I read about these situations, it sounds like business as usual for this place. Customer places the order and receives something close, but not quite right and ends up having to eat return shipping or sell at a loss, neither of which are very good options. I would HATE for any of our members to get screwed out of their hard earned money.

As always, I would welcome a response from war tires to try to clear up any misconceptions, but it certainly sounds like buyer beware.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:15 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Report these guys to the BBB. Is there any way to get them for mail fraud since they send you the wrong product and expect you to pay to fix it? Since they've repeatedly done this to customers I don't see how it can be a mistake anymore.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbs View Post
Report these guys to the BBB. Is there any way to get them for mail fraud since they send you the wrong product and expect you to pay to fix it? Since they've repeatedly done this to customers I don't see how it can be a mistake anymore.

That might work, but it takes time. If you want REAL results, go see the PBB!

BEWARE of wartires.com - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board
Old 07-18-2011, 11:52 AM

I love Pirate hahaha
Old 10-27-2013, 07:19 PM

I have bought two sets of tires from him an the last set he sent I mailed him a check after I got them. I had good service with him . but now there is a guy in Georgia that's selling military tires alot cheaper then war tires. Atlanta craigslist , auto parts military tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.