Michelin LTX A/T 2 Reviews? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Michelin LTX A/T 2 Reviews?

Hey guys, I am seriously considering buying six Michelin LTX A/T 2's for my '02 F350 Dually 4x4. They come with a 60K mile warranty, Load range E and good reviews from what I have read.

Do any of you have personal experience with these? Towing? Mileage? Traction?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin View Post
Hey guys, I am seriously considering buying six Michelin LTX A/T 2's for my '02 F350 Dually 4x4. They come with a 60K mile warranty, Load range E and good reviews from what I have read.

Thanks!
I found some on ebay recently for a price I couldn't refuse and only have 500 miles on them now but I'll tell you the truck drives better than new.
I read all the reviews I could find before I bought them and it didn't seem to matter what kind of vehicle the tires were on, they rocked.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddin View Post

Thanks!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 56K on my DRW rear LTX A2 tires. Good even wear and never rotated. Looks like 6-8K left in them. I tow a 14K tag equipment trailer.

I have had problems with tire wear on the front. This is not a tire issue though. It is a front end issues that Ford is working to resolve.

I'll go with the LTX A2 again.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:49 PM

Ok, thanks for the information guys!

I'm going to order mine tomorrow and have them installed next weekend.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Something Wrong With My Picture

I am driving my '06 with 17" alum wheels and the OEM BFG's lasted to 32K and I rotate every 5K mi when I change the oil. I bought the LTX A/T and they are just under 5/32 at 57K miles so I have a net of 25K miles on them. They drive great, they are quiet, and they are decent in traction, but for the life of me I can't seem to get good mileage out of a set of tires. No cupping, wearing evenly for the most part. Oh, and had the truck aligned when I bought them. I bought them at the stealership and they told me this week that Michelin won't warranty adjust them until they are at 3/32.

I have been searching for a replacement and I don't know what to do - not sold on the life span.

I have a set of OEM 20" wheels inbound and I am trying to decide what to buy. Been freaking out a little over the price of 20" tires......don't think I will spring for the Michelin's again based on the expense to wear ratio being higher than lesser tires.

FWIW.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:44 PM

Ntb has nitto crosstek. They look good and are load range E. I have talked to people that have them and they love it.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:53 PM
Emergency Services

We ran a set on one of our 2500 chebbys...they have decent tread, great for highway and towing, just not the greatest off the paved path. If you're looking to be on paved roads a lot I'd say go for it, they are great tires!
Old 04-16-2011, 07:14 PM

I had a set of them in a 265/75 when I had my truck at stock height and they were a decent street tire.
Dont let the fancy tread pattern fool you. They dont belong off the pavement.
The small lugs make them prone to scalloping. I had this problem on the front and back tires. They also wore quicker than I expected, I had them on my truck for about 20k miles and they wore down considerably, but they made another 20k miles on my brothers 01 f250.

In all I'd recommend a set of Nitto Dura Grapplers. They are an awesome tire. The best highway tire for these big trucks. They last forever. And the tread pattern is just as good in the rain and off pavement as the AT2s.
No Michelin tire is a bad choice. They are a very reliable brand, but the Nitto Dura Grapplers and the Terra Grapplers on my 97 have me won over.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:45 PM

I went with the Michelin AT2's and have been happy with them so far. I have roughly 1,500 miles on them right now.

I will update this later when I have more miles on these tires.

Thanks for all the replies!
Old 05-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Premium Member

just dont get stuck in the steep valley of a median on a major highway... in 12" of fluff snow. haha. long story... but i wasnt driving!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.