Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Interco Bankrupt?

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  7.3Lifted 
#1 ·
I was at the tire shop yesterday and was looking at possibly getting a new set of swampers for my CJ and the guy told me they had gone bankrupt. I did some google searching and there is alot of conflicting info..... any one heard anything? Interco had a good run if nothing else....

Jim

#2 ·
The company that was molding their tires went under (denman tire co) So they had to find some one else to mold their tires, as far as I know they have and are starting to produce them again. They were scarce for a while tho.

#3 ·
Wildstyle is right. They found a new co to do it. However that co is very small and cant get everything going yet. Its gonna be a while before you see any new swampers

#4 ·
They are still scarce and have not as of yet started to produce them.

They had to physically move the molds from one plant to another. This takes a long time. There haven't been Swampers made for almost a year now and all my suppliers are saying it will be late spring/early summer before they start to become available again.

It sucks cause they are the only ones who make a lot of the bigger stuff and the ONLY ones who will be making any 16.5 stuff.

I have a TON of customers with mud bog trucks and huge lifted trucks who need new swampers. Occasionally I can find a set for someone if it is an oddball size, but not often. All the popular stuff is gone. I get at least 8-10 calls a week for Super Swampers :doh:

I will be a very happy man when Interco starts production of these again.

#5 ·
Yeah, Ill be stoked when They start to put out some product again. I am Getting my CJ back up and running for the year and I was looking at Replacing my 36in TSLs with a set of 35 or 37 in Boggers, but I guess ill have to wait it out like every one else.

Jim

#6 ·
This sucks I need a set for my off road rig:doh:

#8 ·
I dont know that out of round ever bothered me but I had a set of 42s once that measured from 38-43 in in height all of them with 6psi in em. But i dont buy swampers cause they ride good, I buy em cause they go were they are pointed for the most part.
Jim

#9 ·
I wonder if this is going to impact the cost of their tires

I have a set of 42's now, but I havent mesured them. I don't have mine balanced, and my truck feels like its jumping when i'm going around 90km's. Do you know a good way to balance them? I have heard about putting in a cup and a half of coolant in each tire.

#11 ·
Ive never balanced a set of swampers. Almost every set ive had got put on rims and had a tire groover taken to them before they ever got put on a truck so there was no balancing to it. I did run a set of 35" boggers for a while and have rode in several trucks with 35+ swampers and boggers and they all ride like ****.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.