Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

New duratracs!

6K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  Muddin 
#1 ·
Finally got my new tires installed the other day and got some pics of them. They are the Goodyear Duratracs and so far they have been an incredible tire. Give the truck a whole new look and rides great. Very quiet and smooth for the tread it has and works great off road. Have about 2000 miles on them already and very impressed.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've heard a lot of good things about them. That's what I'll probably get if I ever wear my firestones out. At 5,000 miles a year it's gonna take me a while. Congrats on the new skins!!!

#3 ·
looks great man...love the 17" wheels with the 35s also

#5 ·
Thanks guys! I'm very impressed with this tire so far and hopefully they will last a bit.

#7 ·
they are 315/70/17. They measure out around 34.4" and 12.7". They are actually about the same as my ProComp Xtreme All terrains i had, but a little wider which I like.

#8 ·
Nice choice!

I just installed a set of LT275/70R18 Duratrac's on Incubus 816 Crushers on my 03. Loving them so far!

#10 ·
Thanks. I did the same thing and switched from the Pro Comp's and like the Goodyear's better so far.

#11 ·
i put the 295/65/18's on my truck and love em so far too. couldnt have asked for much better i dont think

#12 ·
I really like these tires and want a set for my truck, but I've heard they can be squishy on the highway.... Thoughts??

#14 ·
I just got back to school and its a 2 hr interstate drive and yes they have a little bit of a squirrely feeling but like lxnotch said after about 10 miles I was adjusted to it and it was fine. They were so much smoother and quieter than my old ones Ill take that trade off. I could turn the radio down and listen to the turbo sing instead of tires humming. I know this is just in my head but it feels like the truck is turning these easier than my old ones.:nod:

#13 ·
they have a slight floaty feeling to them but ive just made a slight adjustment in my driving and it doesnt bother me at all

#15 ·
I'm thinking that a 305/70/16 tire wouldn't be too "squishy" on my 10" wide rim... :dunno:

#18 ·
Yeah, I've heard with the shorter sidewalls (like your 20s) they aren't squishy. But even though your tires are 35s and I'll be getting 33s, I still have an extra inch of sidewall due to having 16s... :doh:

#21 ·
Finally got my new tires installed the other day and got some pics of them. They are the Goodyear Duratracs and so far they have been an incredible tire. Give the truck a whole new look and rides great. Very quiet and smooth for the tread it has and works great off road. Have about 2000 miles on them already and very impressed.
Good lookin' tire Trent!! What's the load rating on the ones you got? "D" or "E" or "?"

I'll be needin' some new shoes here in a while - I'll have to give them a closer look.

Now you'll need to update your sig! :nod:

#42 ·
Sorry it took so long to get back. Thanks. These are D rated. I dont tow anything too heavy and so far they have worked great. the rating on these tires where the exact same as the stock size tires in E rating so I dont think it will be a problem.

#22 ·
I just mounted a set of these yesterday on my work truck (99 F250, 4wd, 4 door, long bed, 7.3, leveling kit). Size is 285/75/16 on stock wheels. My truck is heavy weighing in at over 10K (1400lb welder in the bed), but holy crap are they squirely! They feel like they only have 10 lbs of air pressure in them. I really have to steer the truck to keep it straight. My old no-name tires were pretty solid feeling. I'm going to carefully inspect my steering and hubs to see if something is worn that is causing this sloppy feeling. I'm in them for $1K so I'm not getting rid of them anytime soon. I guess I'll have to learn how to drive with them.

#32 ·
I put a set of 315/70r17 on about 4 weeks ago. My truck was all over the road. Just like every one else I adjusted my driving. However I towed my fifth wheel about 10 miles, it amplified the sway to the point it was unsafe. Took em back to americas tire and they replaced them with a set of red letter generals. They seem to be much better.

#33 ·
I have had them on my Dually (315/75/16s) since last spring . I love them . I haul about 8k every day (construction trailer) . They feel great . No squishyness here . I would recommend them to anyone . Plus they look bad *** .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.