ProComp Xtreme a/t splitting - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 01:28 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry ProComp Xtreme a/t splitting

Well like the title says one of my tires is splitting. It has happened within the last month because thats how long its been since I washed and checked air pressures. Im pretty dissapointed becuase I always see people talking good about them here and I have bragged about them myself. They have gotten pretty good mileage but now are split. I have had them for almost exactly 1.5 yrs and have right at 25,000 miles on them and they still have a another 20k left. One also looks dry rotted and will go down from 50psi to 35psi and stay there. So has anybody else had this happen?
I drive alot on the interstate, not really fond of having a blowout at 75mph so I think Im gonna get a set of Goodyear duratracs(load range E). My tire guy is gonna give them to me for $1175 mounted/balanced out the door.

Theres another spot but I didnt get a pic

Kinda long but Im kinda pissed right now. Any thoughts/comments on why or on the duratracs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-24-2011, 04:00 PM

Soooo nobody has any input?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:15 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Hate to hear that about such new tires. I've never bought a set new, but the stock 20s I just bought have a worn out set on them. They are worn out but worn evenly and still holding together nice. No cracking in the contact area or sidewalls. The Duratracs do sound like a good choice though, I haven't read any bad reviews on them.
Old 02-24-2011, 04:50 PM

Yeah it sucks, I bought these tires cause I thought they looked good and with a 40k mile tread wear rating I would be almost out of school before I needed new ones. Do you know how many miles are on those tires you got?
Old 02-24-2011, 05:03 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

The guy I got them from said they have had a pretty rough life and already had about 40K on them. I like the looks of them and they ride good for being worn out. But I don't think I'll be buying them again. I think it was 4 Wheel Parts I looked at and they were like $413 each. Ouch. I may put a couple thousand on them before I change them but they won't be on much longer.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:02 PM

You just dont want to get them again because of price right?
Old 02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
IBEW Journeyman Lineman

Ya I just mean because of the price. I'm probably going to drop back down to a size closer to stock. Stock is a 275/65R20 so I'll get something around there for a little cheaper. Seem like a good tire though. Thinking back, a buddy in CA had a set of these in a 37/12.50R18 and he got around 40K or more out of them. Replaced them with Toyo A/T and liked the Toyos a little better. Not sure how much life he got from the Toyos though.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:36 PM

My step dad has Toyo's on his k5 blazer and likes them alot but its a lot lighter compared to the 250. I like the way the duratracs look over the Toyos. I dont know I hate buying tires I wish there was only one type to pick from
Old 02-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Given any thought to contacting procomp to see if they will do anything? I love my procomps they are doing great so far.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I loved my Pro-Comp Extreme ATs. Got over 40,000 miles out of mine...

When they wore out I was going to get another set. But they no longer make the 38" tire. Cooper makes the tires for Pro-Comp. I'm still hoping they start making them again. I hate the BFGs I ended up with...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.