High pressure tire valves - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2011, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
High pressure tire valves

Hi all,
I just ordered and received a new set of tires for my 2000 scsb f250 xlt. I've been searching online for high-pressure bolt-in valve stems and just getting confused about what I should be buying. The load-range E tires are rated for 80psi max, so I would think I need valves rated for more than that. I've found TR600HP listed at 80psi some places and 100psi in others. In addition, I came across a thread somewhere in which someone said you need certain valves to fit the stock alloy wheels on these trucks, which have a recess for the valve to seat.

Anyway, have any of you already gone through this? Where's the best place to get a set of the correct stems for this application, and can you give me part numbers to search for? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Den
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2011, 01:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Whoever mounts them should have them. They're just standard HP stems. I always ask to make sure they use the right ones but the sales guys always get confused, but the guy mounting them always know they use the right HP stems in them. I think they're 120 psi rated, or it could be 100psi that you found.

Just did this at Firestone this week, when the sales guy asked the guy mounting them he looked at the sales guy like, "well duh"
Old 02-19-2011, 07:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I just bought a set for my wheels at my local S&S Tire. They are 80psi rated. They are encased in a brass colored metal with rubber surround. The set ran me about $13 with tax.

Note: They are just the standard pull-through style, not bolt-in.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Well, after some more poking around online, I came across a few places selling these:
Vehicle Maintenance | Valves | Ford Truck Valve 16" Alcoa Aluminum | B207353 - GlobalIndustrial.com

Hope it's ok to post a link here.
Because it's advertised as a Ford Truck Valve for 16" aluminum rims, I'm assuming it's different than the standard bolt-on or snap-in stems.

Anyone know whether these are the right valves for the oem aluminum rims or are they for some special application?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

My 16" OEM's got the same standard stems.

I'm not looking at the link, but I see it says Alcoa. It may be that some (DRW maybe) OEM's were made by Alcoa and take special stems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.