Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tire time, Opinions wanted

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  fordfan30 
#1 ·
Ok I been reading and analyzing and I now need input from you all. I have had it with high fuel prices and a constantly dirty truck so I am changing up the looks and going back to the stock wheels and tire size (265 70 17). My driving dont take me off road that often (2 or 3 times a year) so an A/T tire is what I think I want. I want max traction on road in wet and dry but the ability to go off road within reason (a wet field or mud puddle) make it out ok. My plans include going down to stock height or lower. I also take this truck to the track. I have some tires catching my eyes but want your opinions. I like these: Cooper Zeon ltz, Toyo Open Country AT, Falken Wild Peak AT, General Grabber AT2. I only overlooked the Nitto terra's because of the poor treadwear I have read about. It appears that the General Grabbers would have the best off road traction and the Falkens the worst. The Coopers and toyos seem like they would work well but how sticky are they? So educate me.

#4 ·
I'll take a look at those right now.

#7 ·
I went with the ProComp Xtreme At's. They are a bit more aggressive then what you are describing, but they make a regular AT and I have a buddy that has been running them and gets great wear out of them. I love my xtreme's and they seem like they get 40k+

#8 ·
I ran Kumho KL78 AT - got 40,000 miles out of a set and did fantastic in the snow!

#9 ·
Ok I looked at the Hankook dynapro and Kuhmo KL78 but they just aint doing it for me. The more I think about it the more I want the Cooper Zeon LTZ or the Toyo Open country AT. I believe both would be plenty capable with my off road adventures or lack there of. I am wanting I hear how much traction they have on road specifically a launch at the track. I know they are not race tires but I am just looking for the best overall compromise.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.