Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Looking to buy new tires...

870 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  pete37922 
#1 ·
Hey guys I am looking to buy new tires for my 96' powerstroke. Right now I am running the Yokohama Geolander tires and they wear pretty good but I think I am going to go with a more aggressive tire this time around. My question is... I live in Michigan and the snow is an issue obviously. What mud terrian or all terrian tire have you guys used and liked in snowy and icy conditions? Also what is the max tire size (Both height and width) I can fit on my 96' ext cab powerstroke? It is at stock height and is a 4x4. Thanks guys and I am looking forward to reading your opinions on tires.

#4 ·
I love my Toyo MTs. Thats what i'm putting back on my truck when these wear out

#6 ·
Thanks bud :thumb:

#7 ·
I had a set of Nitto Grapplers that worn down pretty quick (20-30K) and last 10-15k was pretty bare. Great tires when they got some tread. I just put a set of General Tire AT2 on and they were excellent in the little bit of snow we got in VA and I believe they are warrantied out to 50 or 60k.

Nittos are great just they wear down a lot faster!:icon_ford:

#8 ·
Cooper ATRs or Cooper STTs !!!

#10 ·
have them on my 06 6.0L...i rotate them every 5k miles...seem 2 last long time...dont kno off hand how many miles i got on them witout lookin it up, but like them alot !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.