toyo mt?s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
toyo mt?s

How are these on snow packed roads? How long do you guys get out of these tires before you need to replace them? I see a lot of guys on here running them so they must be pretty good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2011, 09:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

they are awesome in snow.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I run them.. much better than stockers. Have been on some pretty bad roads with them. Still not as good as a true winter but I get to run them year round!

As for distance, the compound seems a little harder than the pro comp m/t's, etc. They're one of the longer lasting mud terrains I've come across.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:57 PM

What those guys said. First, I'm a sucker for their styling but the set of 38s that was on my truck when I bought them had over 50,000 miles on them. It was a cowgirls street queen that was used for groceries and soccer practice. I've got a new set on 20" rims and the ride is great as compared to the 16" rims prior as purchased. They don't make much noise or wander and to be honest with ya I haven't had a chance to drive with them in the snow alot but I can say they will stick when cornering and are pretty sure footed for the little bit I've had them in the snow.

Five stars.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
IMO..suck..on snow, ice and rain..but we get some serious snow and Ice..
Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 AM

I run them on my truck, I haven't found a tire to compare to them. In my opinion they are ok on ice, as good as any tire really, depends on your driving. They can't be beat for load rating in a mud tire tho. I have averaged 45000 hard miles, three different trucks, towing heavy, lots of gravel, highway, mud, deep snow they chew as well as in the mud, you name it. I love em. The only downside I have found is when they are getting close to worn out, you may as well be running slicks! haha
Old 01-03-2011, 02:38 PM

you know they are nice and look alright but they fall short of ATZ or MTZ in my eyes
Old 01-19-2011, 12:17 PM

These are my favorite tires and have had 4 sets of 35/12.5/17 (3 sets on srw and 1 set on drw) and I have 37x13.5x20 with 5k on them on my new truck. The only time I have gotten stuck with them I had to climb out of my window because i tried to go somewhere I shouldn't have and the snow was a little deep. Took a JD 8300 to pull me out of that one. Best mud tire I have come across with a Load Range E (which is a MUST imo on these trucks, especially if you will be hauling anything).
Old 01-19-2011, 05:59 PM

wow, you must have been really stuck cause we have a 8300 and 8200 and they dont mess around. love driving em on the road lol
Old 01-20-2011, 04:18 AM

I was in there pretty good but the worst part was that I was heading downhill when I got stuck and we had to pull it back up the hill. We tried another pickup first but we weren't getting anywhere with that. Yeah you got that right! They are a mean piece of equipment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.