What about Dick Cepek FC II - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What about Dick Cepek FC II

Can anybody chime in on these tires? Do they last? How do they perform on road, off road, mud, sand, snow. Did they track good and not wander. Do you tow with them? All comments good and bad!
Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2010, 05:36 AM

Had these on my F150 33x12.5/17s. BEST tire I ever owned UNTIL I got the Mastercraft CT's that are on my F250 now. The FC's never once had any issues even in the blizzard in CLE 2 winters ago, 70 the whole way up I71 from Cbus to CLE with no issues. They got 2 feet of snow or something that night and I still made it to Taco Bell at 2am aftre the bachelor party.

BUT they are PRICEY. I would look into the Mastercraft CT's similar tire, built by same company I've heard.... AND CT's can be studded if you really have ice issues.

I am a moron and didnt answer your questions.
Towing yes 24 ft tt 200 miles each way a few times etc. No issues at all, tons of grip and no wall sqautting
Wear, had them for over a year and couldnt even tell I had drove them, car was my daily driver.
Road noise was no different than my CTs, obviously louder than the stocks, but not terrible, and quieter than my Nitto MT's I run in the summer on my other wheels.

I had to double tow a motor home with my friends other F150. He had Goodyear Wranglers and was gripping okay, but not enough power to tow this huge thing with a trailer on it, so I hooked up to him and we both had to tow it, no slippage and this was in a mud pit basically.

Last edited by madcat6183; 12-28-2010 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Adding more info per request of OP
Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 AM

Did you have any problems balancing them or were they out of round and need to be trued?
Old 12-28-2010, 07:45 AM

I had the same size 33x12.50 17's and they had 45k on them when I sold the tires with still just a little under half tread left so longevity wise they are great. They are a little noisy which is a given with the tread pattern. Towing, that size tire had a little too much sidewall so they had some roll to them but not bad at all.

I sold them and bought a new set of the Mickey Thompson ATZ's and love these tires the most by far. I have had the BFG mud terrain's, dick cepek's and a few others but the ATZ's from Mickey Thompson are the best all around tire bar none! I bought the 305/65 R17 Load Range E and they are awesome in the snow since I plow and they are expected to get 60-70k out of them.

Rotating your tires is a must if you want the longevity out of them. The more aggressive the tread the more often you rotate. I rotate mine every oil change.

Good luck but I will recommend the ATZ's only. The dick cepek's are good for road and light off road but the ATZ's do everything and you will be surprised at how aggressive the ATZ's are. Much more than the Dick Cepek's.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I had them on a 1/2 chevy for about a year until I sold the truck. Did great in all weather including the occasional chicago winter storm. Never towed. Balanced fine and stayed that way, tread was lasting quite well. I currently run them on my jeep. They are an excellent balance between on-road-ability (is that a word?) and off-road. They have gotten me everywhere I have taken the jeep. To sum it up: GOOD at everything. not really GREAT at anything. I would buy them again.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:06 PM

Ive had ATZ's, FC2's, BFG TA/KOs, Nitto MTs, and the Mastercrafts on my truck now.

I would say the ATZs are the least aggressive for sure. they do great in everything but for towing, mud, winter, they are they offer the least grip. BUT they last longer and are way more quiet.

Everything else I already said but to answer your ? about balancing,

Had them balanced once, I never rebalance tires and have never had a set go bad or even had a blow out in my life. 2 flats from braid nails, thats it.

Of what i have had, I rated in order;

Mastercrafts
FC2s
ATZs, Nittos(Only because I cant tell if the nittos are heavy or if the rims are)
BFGs

That is breaking it down costs, effiecency etc.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have not ran them but a friend of mine runs them and he loves them.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcat6183 View Post
Ive had ATZ's, FC2's, BFG TA/KOs, Nitto MTs, and the Mastercrafts on my truck now.

I would say the ATZs are the least aggressive for sure. they do great in everything but for towing, mud, winter, they are they offer the least grip. BUT they last longer and are way more quiet.

Everything else I already said but to answer your ? about balancing,

Had them balanced once, I never rebalance tires and have never had a set go bad or even had a blow out in my life. 2 flats from braid nails, thats it.

Of what i have had, I rated in order;

Mastercrafts
FC2s
ATZs, Nittos(Only because I cant tell if the nittos are heavy or if the rims are)
BFGs

That is breaking it down costs, effiecency etc.
I think the ATZ's are much more aggressive than the FC2's . . . I got rid of the FC2's b/c they sucked in the snow. They don't clean out like the ATZ's do. Not sure when you had the ATZ's but the latest design is great!

Just my .02
Old 01-19-2011, 11:37 AM

I had a set on my 06 f350 that lasted 60k and could have probably gotten another 5 to 10k out of them but I broke the belts in both rear tires hauling the gooseneck down some really rough roads. They were a pretty decent all around tire if you aren't planning on getting into deep snow or mud. I'm not sure on sand cause there isn't much of that up in North Dakota. They did start to get very loud as they got up there in milage.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:50 AM

Quickhorse, you think so man? My ATZs cleaned out great but the FCII's were way more aggressive as a whole. In the snow yes maybe the ATZs clean better but the FCs offered way more grip in the occasional mud.

BUT I also only had the above listed for 1 season each before I upgraded to 35s on the ATZs and my truck got stolen on my FCs.

Again I like my MasterCrafts the best anyways.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.