Rim help/quality thread for my purchase of rims - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Help With rim purchase and proper offset

Well im in the market for some new rims for my 04 f250 CCSB Diesel.

I want to go with 17's, biggest ill go is 18's. Im new to the truck world and new to the superduty chassis. thats where the help with the offset/backspacing comes into play. i have a lot of experience with my track car and the multiple rims i have for but the track car is a bmw and that is nothing like my truck. haha so i need to do some learning.
-Question 1: Whats the best offset and backspacing for a leaf spring truck?

I want to keep with the 5/6 spoke design. but with the option of the color i have no idea where i wanna go or what would look good on a white truck.

here is what i have been looking at so far
-Question 2: Whats everyones opinion of the following rims?
-Question 3: What color combo would look best?

Im really leaning towards the Pro Comp 1023/7023/8023 rim but im always up for opinions, ideas on new and different rims.

Pro Comp 1023/7023/8023

Pro Comp 1089/7089

XD Series XD766 Chrome/Black

Ultra Nomand

Last edited by jrtcbmw; 07-20-2010 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Updated the thread completely
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i like the pro comps ive owned three sets on my three trucks and they hold up real well no pitting or rust on any of them my buddy has a online store and he can get good deals on pro comp wheels check it out
hurricane4x4parts.com
Old 07-06-2010, 04:16 PM

I like those Pro Comps. Never seen them on a Superduty but I'm sure they'd look cool.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:34 PM

yeah i tried searching to see if anyone had them on a superduty, not many and few here and there but not really good examples. they make a nice one with a flat black and glossy black centers but of course they dont offer the bolt pattern for the truck.

thats really the style im wanna go with, its kinda something not many people have and its a clean and simple look. thats why i liked those ones from summit.com as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 AM

So got another question, the pro comps 17x9s have a 4.5 back spacing and -12 offset, i was wondering how they would fit a 04f250 with leaf springs. and also if anyone has photos of them mounted on a superduty.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:08 PM

So i updated the thread completely instead of making a whole new thread. All help and input is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:39 AM

My vote is for all chrome or all black unless you do the kmc diesel (which are kinda played out anyways) . I think it just looks so much cleaner to be all one color. My vote is for the 1089/7089. What size tire are you going with and what height is truck. Also i think 4.5" is good, this way the stick out a bit.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersnyper694788 View Post
My vote is for all chrome or all black unless you do the kmc diesel (which are kinda played out anyways) . I think it just looks so much cleaner to be all one color. My vote is for the 1089/7089. What size tire are you going with and what height is truck. Also i think 4.5" is good, this way the stick out a bit.
Im kinda thinking the same thing and really thinking about going with the all polished rims. I think it will be a cleaner look and keep it simpler. i was really uneasy about the whole black rims.

Right now i plan on running 33x11.5x17s (leaning towards toyo open countrys a/ts) for now. until i do the suspension i want (next summerish).

Thats what i want with the rims, to stick out a little, rather then be tucked and rub on the leaf springs and when turning. plus at some point i plan on running 35x12.5x17's so id rather have the buffer space.

thanks for the input.
Jason
Old 07-21-2010, 11:11 AM

you can probably pick up a leveling kit relatively cheap and then just put hte new wheels and 35x12.50's on now. I say this because if you want to lift it a little and put bigger tires next summer your going to have a lot of tread left on the tires you buy now. Those tires are going to last prob at least 40k, might as well go the cheap rout and do it all now. This way you dont have to buy tires twice in a year.

Just my .02
Old 07-21-2010, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypersnyper694788 View Post
you can probably pick up a leveling kit relatively cheap and then just put hte new wheels and 35x12.50's on now. I say this because if you want to lift it a little and put bigger tires next summer your going to have a lot of tread left on the tires you buy now. Those tires are going to last prob at least 40k, might as well go the cheap rout and do it all now. This way you dont have to buy tires twice in a year.

Just my .02
Yeah thats a good idea. but my goal is to get the suspension i want next summer but then again so is a bunch of other things. haha and first things first i wanna do arp studs/gaskets/egr delete and thats the true 2011 summer plans for the truck, and thats gonna be a big expense so things like suspension will come afterward. so having the 33s for the next 1.5 years to 2 years will be ok with me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.