Highway Tire Recomendations - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2010, 12:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Highway Tire Recomendations

I have an '06 Crew with the stock rims. I am looking at replacing the current tires with a highway tire. The only time the truck is off the pavement is when I am hooking up or parking the travel trailer. Going to keep the stock size of 265/70/17. I've read some good things about the General Grabber. Anyone have any experience with this tire on an F250?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2010, 12:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I had BF Goodrich Commercial TA tires - 75000 miles out of a set, and about 40000 on the current set, and only about half worn.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Nitto Dura Grapplers, a highway terrain that has a long life
Old 07-05-2010, 02:31 PM

Yep, X2 on the Dura Grapplers. Love 'em!!

Mark
Old 07-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Location: South of New Orleans. Yes there is land south of N.O.
Question 05 Excursion 6.0 Looking for best Hwy tires

I am looking for the consensus of the best tires for on road / highway driving. (Best ride and quietest tire) I have the stock 16" rims with Pirelli Scorpion 275/75 R 16 tires which need replacing. I initially purchased custom 20" American Racing rims in an attempt to fill the big wheel well void. However, the 265/55 R20 Han**** tires were not not E rated tires and the torque blew belts like crazy. I have been unimpressed with the knowledge of most local tire outlets. I've heard a lot of positive info on the relatively new Nitto Dura Grappler. Obviously I could replace with the original R 16's, but it will still look like midget tires on a tank and the vehicle has excessive sway. The 20" rims gives the illusion of a larger tire but the overall tire hight is the same and with the narrower sidewall and wider width the ride is rougher and tracks erratically. I am considering the Nitto Dura Grappler LT 275/60 R20 with a width of 10.9" and dia. of 33.03. One concern is that the R20's do not have the Dura belt 3 technology which improves stability and thread life. Any suggestions?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmat1028 View Post
I am looking for the consensus of the best tires for on road / highway driving. (Best ride and quietest tire) I have the stock 16" rims with Pirelli Scorpion 275/75 R 16 tires which need replacing. I initially purchased custom 20" American Racing rims in an attempt to fill the big wheel well void. However, the 265/55 R20 Han**** tires were not not E rated tires and the torque blew belts like crazy. I have been unimpressed with the knowledge of most local tire outlets. I've heard a lot of positive info on the relatively new Nitto Dura Grappler. Obviously I could replace with the original R 16's, but it will still look like midget tires on a tank and the vehicle has excessive sway. The 20" rims gives the illusion of a larger tire but the overall tire hight is the same and with the narrower sidewall and wider width the ride is rougher and tracks erratically. I am considering the Nitto Dura Grappler LT 275/60 R20 with a width of 10.9" and dia. of 33.03. One concern is that the R20's do not have the Dura belt 3 technology which improves stability and thread life. Any suggestions?
Uh, go with an 18 then . Mine look great with the 18's and stock tire size, with my Dura's
Old 07-09-2010, 09:25 AM

So no one is running the General Grabber HTS?
Old 07-09-2010, 09:40 AM

I've heard great things about the Nitto Dura!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 AM

Goodrich Commercial T/A, good tire.........
Old 07-10-2010, 06:03 PM

i have stock sized 16'' uniroyals on mine and so far they are nice. put on right before i got the truck and i have put bout 2500 miles so far and they are nice all around m+s tire
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.