03 f250 tires - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 07:40 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
03 f250 tires

Hi guys, I just bought a 2003 f250 6.0. The back fender says 4x4 sport. The previous owner put on 16x8 aftermarket wheels with 265 tires. I was wonder if I can bump them up to 305-70r16's with no rubbing. Im looking for a fairly aggressive tire, but nothing too extreme, maybe just an MT. Thanks for any input, the suspension is all stock with rancho shocks.

-Brad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

yes. Thats what I have on my truck. 305 70 16 mud tires. Sucks cause I bought them 8 months ago and they are noisy as hell. Drives me up a wall sometimes. Im not replacing them cause I wanna wear them out before I buy new tires andif I sell them it will be at a loss so i might as well keep them till they are wasted
Unless you dont mind a lot of road noise I would go with a aggressive AT rather than a MT
Old 07-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Thanks a lot, I was more curious about the size in general and you answered it for me. Thanks
Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 PM

G'day M8(Mate),

I've got an Aussie 2005 F250 7.3L Powerstroke which is the same as your 2003. Ford Aust kept planting the 7.3 into the 99-03 Style F250s until late 2005 as special RH Drive built trucks.
I've been running Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16 tyres and on 10" rims and have no rubbing problems. There is a very slight touch on the inside of the front mud flaps but nowhere else.

--Reg.

---------------------------
Aussie spec Brazilian built 2005 (US 2003) F-250 Superduty 4x4 7.3Ltr Powerstroke: Donaldson (AIS) Intake with Zoodad, AIH deleted, DIY CCV & catch can, 26 x 3 Cummins straight through muffler, MBRP Black Tip, Foil Delete, Old Man Emu (OME) HD rear spring set, Front leveler spring, OME Nitrocharger Dual Tower shocks front, OME Nitrocharger shocks rear, Tough Dog Steering Damper, ARB Air Lockers Front & Rear, V10 Tranny cooler in series with Stock Tranny cooler, Deep Tranny Pan, Extra Cooling rear diff cover, ARB HD Front Diff cover, ARB Bull Bar, Kymar Dual Spare Wheel carrier & Rear bumper, Edge Evo with Dash Pod & EGT pyro, Long Range Fuel Tank, OEM Style paint matched wheel arch flares, VMS in Dash GPS Street & Off Road Navigator, Toyo OPAT AT 305 70R 16 on 10 Rims.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Firefighter Member

you should buy mine.....they are 315/75 R16's....they rub at a full turn on the leafs but they are pro comp extreme M/T's.....and not that much...pm me if your interested.
-Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.