Michelin LTX AT2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Michelin LTX AT2

Can anyone provide any feedback/reviews?

I've been considering Toyo M/T and H/T but have always liked Michelin's. I really don't need a Mud tire, just like the look. I need to get to work in all weather, even blizzards and need a good tire that will last. I hate to spend $1200 and only get 40k out of tires.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Hello Shinny,

What tires do you have now and what do you like and dislike about them? Mow many miles did you get out of your current tires? How many miles do you drive per year?

-Travis

Last edited by Discount Tire; 06-07-2010 at 08:34 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Premium Member

I love them. They ride smoother than the stock tires. I've had them on for about 30,000 miles, and have little over half tread life left. Had no issues with traction, wet or dry - no experience in snow though. The only issue I've had was with the Discount Tire boys - had trouble getting them balanced. After 5 return trips, they got it real close, so I don't want to take it back and risk them making it worse again. One guy told me that the hub bores were so big, that it was difficult to make sure they were perfectly centered on the machine, even with the correct cone. I don't blame this on the tires. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with the Michelins.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discount Tire Direct View Post
Hello Shinny,

What tires do you have now and what do you like and dislike about them? Mow many miles did you get out of your current tires? How many miles do you drive per year?

-Travis
Travis,
I have the original contis now. I have 49k on them and really can't complain. I drive 80 miles a day back and forth to work plus hauling my camper around. I'm good for 20-25k a year. I love the Toyo M/T look and reviews but I should probably go with the conservative route and do the Michelins.
Old 06-09-2010, 01:14 PM
Premium Member

Bump.... Anyone else running these?
Old 06-13-2010, 02:33 AM

Travis,
What have you seen as far as when the Michelins and Nittos Trail Grappler are being replaced? 40k, 50k or more? I don't want to drop $1200 and replace them in 18 months.
Thanks
Old 06-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Sorry for the delayed reply Shinny. For mileage you'll be best off with a highway or even an all terrain over an MT. In the stock 245/75R17 size Michelin builds the LTX M/S 2 and the LTX A/T2. These are both excellent tires. The LTX M/S 2 has a 70,000 mile warranty. For a truck that spends its time on the highway there are few tires that can complete with this one for comfort, wet traction and life. If these aren't agressive enough for you the LTX AT2 is also a great option. These are fantastic tires that are underrated in my opinion. These don't look like the most aggressive All Terrrain but they will surprise you when you venture off-road. These do not have a mileage warranty but most people range 40-50,000 miles out of a set depending on how well they maintain them and how hard they are on them.

Links to product details and customer reviews:
245/75R17

If we can help you more with your tires let us know. You can call our sales and technical department at 1.888.459.4080. We would love to earn your business.

-Travis
Old 06-14-2010, 03:56 PM

Thanks Travis. I'm going with the Michelin LTX AT2 in 275/70/18. That's the stock size for my truck. You guys will get my business, I've heard nothing but good reviews for DTD. I'm going to order them at the end of the month.
Shinny
Old 06-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Thanks Shinny! We appreciate the kind words!
Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 PM
Retired Army

I have them on a 2004 F350 SRW and they ride smooth. They are on my wifes truck and we have no issues with them on wet or dry pavement. Had them in the snow, a very small amount and they did well.............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.