Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Wheel Polishing ??

2K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Banshee34 
#1 ·
Anyone have any good tips or techniques on polishing aluminum wheels. I just bought a used set of Welds and they need a little polishing to bring them back to life. So please chime in on whatever products, tools, and techniques you use.

See less See more
#3 ·
blue magic metal polish the best stuff out there imo and i have tried alot of em and a mothers ball

#5 ·
on my weld scorpio v's I had, I used a polish called intimidator. and I diddnt use a buffer, I used the ol elbow grease. worked great.

#9 ·
I was definitely thinking mothers mini powerball. What's wrong with mothers polish?? I will look for the others at my local parts store. The backside of the wheels are like black. I tried to wash them with soap water and a rag but no luck. How can I clean the backside too?

#10 ·
Well, i went for it. I chose to go with the Blue Magic because I could find it lol and because it was good for all metals chrome or polished, which i liked. So far it has made a big difference. I still have to get the small details polished up but from about 5 feet its night and day difference. Im not sure if this pic is going to do it justice but here it is.

#11 ·
i bought the mothers powercone....... best invention ever!

#12 ·
yup me too, works quite well. I actually found that the old fashioned way (rag and hand) works better but much slower

#13 ·
have heard that clay bars work really well. Take forever and a lot of elbow grease but have seen a few trucks done with it and it looks like new.

#14 ·
I got some stuff from a Big Rig shop and it is amazing... Its green, idk the name

#15 ·
I want to clay bar my truck as soon as i get it back. I heard there amazing on paint. I have not heard about using them on wheels though.

#16 ·
Polishing just plain sucks! You get one wheel completely done,......and it looks great. Then the fatigue sets in, and you realize that you have 3 more to go. The powerballs work pretty good, also good at getting you really dirty.LOL Doing it by hand is the best way it seems.

#17 ·
When I have time to sit (must have enough beer on hand) I polish my chrome and billet on the Shee using Never-dull. On the truck though, I def use the mother's power-ball.

http://www.nevrdull.com/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.