Getting some new shoes!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 04:55 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Getting some new shoes!!

I'm getting some new shoes put on tommorrow.

After MUCH reading I decided to go with the Nitto Trails. (35 x 12.50 r20). Wish they had them in 13.5 but at least the specs show them being 13' anyway.

I'm sooo ready to get these ProComp extremes off. They started cupping some time ago and rotating worked for a while but not so much anymore.

Plus I believe one of them has a broken belt or something. There is a bad bounce/vibration coming from one of them now. Everytime I rotate it the vib would follow. I had them balanced twice which helped a little.

I had to actually upgrade my steering stabilizers cause when that tire was on the front, it would put me into the "death wobble" sometimes. But it only happened when I had that tire on the front.

Plus they were always pretty scary in the rain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've actually been thinking about getting the Xtreme A/T's. I talked to a guy in my subdivision that has them on a Dodge and he loves them. I really like the looks of them. Do they wear decent (besides the cupping)?
Old 03-16-2010, 06:20 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

I've got 48,000 miles on them and they actually still have a decent amount of tread left.

The cupping could be my fault because when the Army had me running around back in 07-08 I let them go to 10k twice before rotating them. The second time is when I noticed them cupping.

But even new, they hydroplaned pretty bad. Could've been because of the width of them, I'm not sure. But it happened on several occasions, some pretty scary, ie; in traffic, at interstate speeds, etc. I do like the looks and they didn't seem too loud to me (but I have nothing else to compare them too as far as noise)

If it weren't for the hydroplaning I'd be putting these back on. They rode good and the mileage is great. If I'd had the chance to rotate as sceduled I would've prolly got at least 60-65k out of em.

About 95% of my driving is pavement and a lot of that has been highway/interstate.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
The cupping is usually an inflation issue.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:03 AM
CW4 Retired, US Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGreenSVT View Post
The cupping is usually an inflation issue.
I kept them inflated to 65psi. Which is max for the tire and the fact that my truck called for 75. But the press may have gotten off too, while I was away from home.

I got the new shoes on!!!!!!!!!!!
Man they are SOOOO much quieter than the procomps and what I expected. I wasn't really looking for quiet tho. And they're smooth too (thats prolly cause they're new and not cupped. ) Of course all I have done is drive it home from the shop but it was around 35 miles.

I'll have pics up in a bit. Dem thangs look bad a$$ too.

I'm definitely going to keep these rotated and pressures checked.

Last edited by uhpilot; 03-17-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-22-2010, 03:02 PM
CW4 Retired, US Army

Got the photos posted up in the Nitto Trail Grappler thread pg 10.

Nitto Trail Grapplers - Photos and Progress Report?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:57 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
By the time I need new tires, I'll check back with you and see how you like them. Sounds like a good tire. Too bad those Pro Comps hydroplane, cause they do look good. I do actually like M/T's for the look they have. I had Xterrains on my last truck. I got a lot of miles out of them. Had about 50K on them when I sold the truck, and they still had a lot left.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Banned

Every day design of the shoes will change.You want to buy new and latest shoes then you can also buy from the on-line.From that you can get best designer shoes.shoes have many different categories you can choose any of them.So getting designer shoes is becomes so easy in now days.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.