Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

285/65/20 bf goodrich at

32K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Blainesdad 
#1 ·
I noticed alot of guys do not run bf at's 285/65/20 any reasons why. I've always had good luck with them. They are almost 35 inches tall 34.7. With a leveling kit do they look too small? anybody have any pics on factory 20's

#2 ·
I have about 10k miles on a set of 285/65/18" BFG ATs. I went with them because I didn't have a big selection in 18". A little pricey but they ride good on the highway and the few dirt roads I'm on

#4 ·
They are expensive but they ride pretty good.....any pics of these tires on factory 20's. I'm also concerned about gas mileage... I mean diesel:) . My truck is an 08 6.4 and my mileage is already bad 13mpg (hwy).

#7 ·
Did not notice much of a change in mileage with the BFG, with the Toyo's however :doh:

I do not have any pics on the stock 20's, but here they are on 20X9's. Not the best pics but they will give you an idea. On stock 20's they look almost like the stock goodyears, a smidgen taller and wider.

#8 ·
Your truck looks good but... I think they might be too small with 2.5 inches of lift over them. I'm really suprised that nonbody running those with factory
20's. Ive seen alot of icon 2.5 leveling kit pics but all the guys seem to run the 35 inch toyo's. I think that tire looks too big on the factory 20's

#9 ·
They look good. I still need 20" tires! :thumb:

#10 ·
picking up the new truck picture by rebornss - Photobucket

they are great in my opinion. not sure why some are bashing prices. 328/piece on tirerack. And when you compare sizes on the websites, they are a smidge taller then some 35x12.5 tires listed. I pulled my old mans 3500 dually utility body sierra with a plow on out of 2.5 feet of snow, up an embankment, and sideways in 4lo. Had all 4 tires spinning with rooster tails up in the air. wish I had a video. But I'm sold on those tires. I think even with a leveling kit they will look good. But probly smalle looking with anything higher then that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.