Mud tires for towing?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mud tires for towing??

I am lookn for a set of 35 inch tires for my F250 something with a E load range. Im lookn for something with a mud tire/agressive tread.Just wonderin what any of ya are running that has good tread wear an can put up with a heavy trailer behind it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2010, 03:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

glad you started a thread that I get to comment on my tires. BFG Mud terrian km2's they clean well, look awesome, and come in E rated. Mudrunninpig has got over 80K miles out of his so far
Old 02-28-2010, 03:49 PM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Im runnin BFG mud terrains. Towed quite a bit with them and they wear good. Bought them about a year and a half ago used with about 50% tread left and im still runnin em. Fronts are probably 30% now and rears are maybe 15-20%. I'm rough on tires though.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:09 PM

Do you guys have any problems with them skating around on ya in the wet weather? I have a 3,000 lb trailer behind my F350 so it doesnt weigh the back down much. I was concerned about the back end coming out while going around curves with the trailer on wet roads.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM
PMR = JUNK

My truck will sway occasionally, but i don't think it has anything do to with my tires. Just improper weight distribution and sometimes just pulling things WAY heavier than you are supposed to.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:28 PM

the only E rated 285 wide mud tires are the Toyo open country M/T and the Goodyear duratracs.

i have the duratracs and LOVE them. super quiet yet still aggressive. EXCELLENT TIRE. i've not towed over 5000 lbs with them yet, but they did great even then.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
Im runnin BFG mud terrains. Towed quite a bit with them and they wear good. Bought them about a year and a half ago used with about 50% tread left and im still runnin em. Fronts are probably 30% now and rears are maybe 15-20%. I'm rough on tires though.
Are you talkn the original bfg mt's or the new krawler style mt?

I have looked at the interco M16 an alot of people seemed to be pretty happy with them, I work in construction an i dont want an all terrain it just doesnt get the job done i need something more aggressive. That being said i haul a 53 ft gooseneck with a cj 7 an a 78 f150 to the dunes almost every weekend in the summer i need something i dont need to worry about the sidewall blowin out on me an still be able to give me traction in slippery mud when im on the job site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro41 View Post
the only E rated 285 wide mud tires are the Toyo open country M/T and the Goodyear duratracs.

i have the duratracs and LOVE them. super quiet yet still aggressive. EXCELLENT TIRE. i've not towed over 5000 lbs with them yet, but they did great even then.
im lookin for a 35" E rated mud tire not 285's, i looked at the duratracs an they dont like theyd clean as well as what im looking for, the only 35 i seen for them was a 325/65/R18 an i prefer to have a rim thats no bigger than half the tire size
Old 02-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Viking Heavy Diesel

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cant really beat the BFG MT's.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:11 PM
PMR = JUNK

Probably the original BFG MT's.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:31 PM

I am curently running the duratracs on my work truck in a 27570r18 and love them. I tow a 30ft gooseneck filled with tires everyday and they are awesome. Iv been in deep mud and our winter was awful in Iowa this year and they just go and go. I know I will get over 40k on em and thats really good for me. I have run the toyo mts alot before and they are a great tire but not the best in winter. I like bfgs too, they are a great product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.