time for brakes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 12:14 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
time for brakes

hey guys. i just did my taxes and i will be in for a little bit of money here in a week or so...my truck is about due for brakes and i was going to use my return to pay for them so i can just do the front and back. my intentions are to go with the cryo slot with hawk pads to help stop the 37s in the summertime... i get a little "fading" when pulling a trailer. my question is should i get the hard core "double frozen", the regular frozen, should i get the kit that replaces the front calipers as well? i intend on keeping this truck until she dies because new ones are OUTRAGOUSLY priced and im trying to buy a house in the near future. i just want to get the right stuff the first time and be done with it. any input is appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
which brand rotors are you going to get? you should only need the regular frozen rotors.. but a good upgrade is going to SS braided lines if you dont already have them....
Old 02-27-2010, 06:28 AM

thanks for the response. i dont have the stainless braided brake lines, that was another question i was going to ask. do you think i should do the fron calipers as well? i was looking at kits on your site and im just a little confused as to which kit to get. i dont tow anything extremely heavy, just a small 2 horse bumper pull trailer. my stock rotors are actually fine..they arent warped. ive heard of a lot of guys saying the stock rotors warp within a couple hundred miles. i must be easy on my brakes? lol.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerSTOKED_Bryan View Post
thanks for the response. i dont have the stainless braided brake lines, that was another question i was going to ask. do you think i should do the fron calipers as well? i was looking at kits on your site and im just a little confused as to which kit to get. i dont tow anything extremely heavy, just a small 2 horse bumper pull trailer. my stock rotors are actually fine..they arent warped. ive heard of a lot of guys saying the stock rotors warp within a couple hundred miles. i must be easy on my brakes? lol.
if your front rotors are fine just leave them like that until they need to be replaced... then upgrade them.. but i highly suggest getting SS braided lines for the front and rear... it makes a pretty big diff with your stopping power

-Raul
Old 02-27-2010, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Can I change from 13 inch rotor to 14.5 rotors on my f250 super duty powerstroke
Old 02-27-2010, 05:20 PM

I recently replaced all 4 hoses with Russel SS lines and Blue Synthetic Fluid and there is a world of difference, no surprises had it done in about 2 hours.

98K on the shoes and rotors and still going strong!

SS Lines were ~114.00 from Summit Racing or eBay.

D

Last edited by colonel angus; 02-27-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:24 PM

i personally like EBC pads, but SSBC makes some great products too. they have some wicked calipers that really make a world of difference! definately get steel lines for yer system.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:18 AM

the rear pads and rotors are worn and need to be replaced...i figure probably by mid summer the fronts will have to be done..thats why i was going to do them both now and be done with em. ill definately get the stainless lines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.