Nitto opinion - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Wheels, Tires, and Brakes Here's where you can post all your topics and questions about wheels, tires and brakes.
Sponsored by Discount Tire

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 06:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nitto opinion

Hey everyone.... It is time for tires and I have looked all over and the opinion from the stores is that I need to put Nitto terra grapplers on my truck, E rated 10plys. I was looking at discount tire and the reviews are all over the place. I spend 80% of my time on the roads. The rest of the time is fields, river roads, etc. Can anyone put my mind at ease for spending almost $800 on these, or give me a better bang for my buck. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2010, 07:09 AM

Go for it, they are a great tire and wear great!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 PM

Just ordered a set of these myself. Got a leveling kit and some F350 blocks on the way as well. I went with 285/75 17...
Old 02-25-2010, 02:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The Nitto Terra is a very popular tire, which can last a long time. I have one friend that just replaced his afyer 70,000 miles. Granted he rode them to the bone, but they did last. He replaced them with the exact same tire.

I had a set on my Dodge Ram and loved them on road but was not so crazy about them off road.

I just got an F350 in January and this time went with the new Nitto Trail. Only time will tell how long they last but I have little doubts about their off road ability when compared to the Terra.

As for Discount Tire Direct, they answered every question I had, very quickly, gave me the best price, the best warranty, free shipping (which was also very fast) and made me feel like they cared about me as a customer....something lacking from most places these days. Matt is simply awesome to deal with.

Bottom line, I do not think you can go wrong with any Nitto
Old 02-25-2010, 02:47 AM
Dieselis' Maximus

I was looking at getting a set myself. Im also gonnna pick up some 16" rims tires are redonkulously exensive on an 18" rim IMHO. when i can pick up new wheels and tires for the cost of just Tires on my 18's ill gladly move down to an 16 in rim
Old 02-25-2010, 04:55 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

We put the terra grapplers on every diesel truck we have to put tires on. They are a really good tire IMO
Old 02-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Unapologetically American

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
For as much time as you spend on the pavement, go with the Nitto Dura Grapplers . You'll get more life out of them, and they are great in ALL conditions (I've been in all of them). No other tire will be on my truck
Old 02-25-2010, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I have been running the Terra for 27K miles and the are a good street tire. I don't find them very good in mud at all. I will probably go with the Trail Grappler next time around.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006PSDSD View Post
For as much time as you spend on the pavement, go with the Nitto Dura Grapplers . You'll get more life out of them, and they are great in ALL conditions (I've been in all of them). No other tire will be on my truck
I sure like the Dura Grapplers I put on mine!!

Only about 5K miles so far, but they sure are quiet and smooth. Still look brand new too!!

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.