Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

22s vs 24s

4K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  chandlern 
#1 ·
I'm looking into getting aftermarket wheels for the non-winter months and I'm trying to get an idea of whether or not to go with 22 or 24 inch wheels and 35's since I don't think I will be able to fit 37's with just a leveling kit.

:worthless[1]: so post away! (Opinions on the matter without pics are welcome too)

#4 ·
Yeah that was one of the reasons why I was leaning towards 22s.

Max I would go with 35s is 18 inch rims. A 22 or 24 would not only look rediculos like it belonged on a ricer but you would have a stiffer ride, less load capacity and your tires and rims would damage easy due to their not being enough sidewall to absorb the shock.
I've got the stock 20" wheels on stock tires, which equate to 34's. The smallest size available in the wheels that I want are 22x10 and that, accompanied with a 35" tire would be about an inch less sidewall in comparison. I refuse to drive something riced out haha

#3 ·
Max I would go with 35s is 18 inch rims. A 22 or 24 would not only look rediculos like it belonged on a ricer but you would have a stiffer ride, less load capacity and your tires and rims would damage easy due to their not being enough sidewall to absorb the shock.

#5 ·
I vote 22s :thumb:

Reactions: Rescue_105
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.