Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

2013 6.7 power stroke Head gasket help.

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  fordsvtparts 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have been searching for days but to no luck have not been able to find a write up on the head gaskets replacement. I have done many head gaskets on cars but my friend needs his done on his power stroke and this would be my first diesel and I don't want to screw it up. I need to find this if anyone could point me to a write up I would be appreciative.

#4 ·
What's it doing. Over pressurizing the secondary cooling system?

#5 ·
Thank you all for your input. I am not sure exactly what the issue is. He let someone borrow his truck and they put gas in it and caused him to have to get the engine rebuilt. He drove it for a while after the rebuild and started having issue with it again and when he took it to the shop they told him it was bad head gaskets. I am supposed to go out this weekend to look at the truck myself but I am not familiar with this engine so I need to know what would cause the head gaskets to go bad after a rebuild or what would cause it to seem like a bad head gasket.

#7 ·
I read a bunch of threads and never seen a bad 6.7 head gasket thread. Only thing I can think of, is if the water to air intercooler has a hole in it. Boost would over pressurize the system and cause it to puke. I could be wrong. The 6.7 isn't my expertise.

Reactions: PepsiMoto
#8 ·
the cac is cooled by the secondary system, so that would pressurize secondary and not primary.
i've not seen any head gasket leaks yet or even really heard of any for this engine. another possibility tho would be injector cups maybe.
is it overheating? or just overpressurizing?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.