Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Hard Shifts w/ New Tuner

842 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  BFWisdom 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

I have a 2011 Ford F250 Lariat FX4 6.7L, 4-Door Short Bed w/ a leveling kit, 20 inch rims & 35 inch Trail Grapplers. Just recently I had the truck 5 inch straight piped, EGR delete, DPF delete, aFe Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI, H&S intercooler pipe, new manifold and tuned w/ the SCT X4.

My problem? They told me at the shop they had the tuner in "Tow" mode and that it will shift pretty hard for a little bit until the tranny starts learning your driving habits. I went ahead and I changed it to "Street" mode yesterday, I feel like it shifts a little harder than "Tow". Is the shifting hard normal? Does it go away? Anytime I switch my tuner between different modes is it going to shift hard every time for a little bit? What's the Gear Ratio on my truck and what should I put in the tuner?
Also, are any of these modes bad for the truck? I don't care how fast it is, "rolling coal", or how loud it is. I just want it to drive good and last me forever, lol.

Any other advice and how to keep my truck from blowing up and limitations would be much appreciated.
PS, I love my shop more than anything and I trust them 110% on everything they do, I just don't want to be calling them 24/7 about this stuff, lol.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.