Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

02' 7.3L Dead miss after restart sometime

756 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Huskey 
#1 ·
I have a 02', 7.3L.I recently had some performance issues with the truck so upon advice of this site I took it and had it tested and sure enough the injectors were shot. Before I had the injectors changed the truck would occasionally start and seem to have a dead miss, stop and shut the truck off and cycle the switch 2 or 3 times and it would be fine. Since the new injectors it did great for about a 1,000 miles and now it's back to the same thing, dead miss sometimes after start(only seems to happen if I stop for a short time, has never happened on a cold start) stop and cycle key switch a couple of times, good as new. After my mechanic replaced the injectors he changed a sensor on the top of drivers side on the motor(TCI sensor I think it was, forgive my diesel ignorance) seemed to help for those 1,000miles. The other day on my way to Alabama, traffic came to an screeching halt, slammed the brakes on sat in traffic for a few minutes and go to take off with traffic and had a dead miss, so I pulled off side of the Hwy, cycle the key switch and she ran fine. Anyone out there know what could be causing this!!?? Afraid one of these times it not going to straighten up and I'll be stranded. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.:crying:

#2 ·
You have a short somewhere. Check the main harness that goes over the driver side valve cover. It tends to rub through there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.