Where to look for used car hauler in Southeast - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2014, 11:59 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Where to look for used car hauler in Southeast

Will be relocating to Florida soon and want to find a good used 40' enclosed gooseneck car hauler to convert to a toy hauler camper when I get down there. Done some looking on craigslist but it's tough knowing which cities to look in, so I'm wondering where are most of the bigger stock car racing teams in the southeast based? Seems like if there are more in a particular area I could focus there with craigslist and local news ads. Would I maybe find uased trailers for sale at the busier tracks? Ebay doesn't seem to have much of anything these days, and with all the increased fees Ebay has slapped on in recent years I'm not surprised.
Any other ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2014, 05:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Search Charlotte Craigslist in NC
Old 02-16-2014, 06:30 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
what price are you looking at?
there was 1 one here last week in AL.
Old 02-16-2014, 08:12 AM

Look on Race, performance & street cars, engines, engine parts, trailers for sale. You'll find nothing but junk on Craigslist.

The real time to look for trailers is getting into the fall, that's when teams are getting ready to sell of their trailers to get their new ones for the next season.

A few.

2009 GMC Duramax/2006 40ft Pace For Sale

48ft.,

2012 hurricane typhoon trailer 48ft enclosed For Sale

40ft.

2003 haulmark edge (40ft gooseneck) For Sale

2003 haulmark edge (40ft gooseneck) For Sale

Just to name a few.
Old 02-23-2014, 03:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks for the replies! I don't know why this dumb site and most other forums have such bad systems for subscribed post notifications..
racingjunk.com looks like just what I been looking for, there's a couple there that are very appealing. Yeah craigslist is just about worthless anymore, half the stuff on there is by dealers and those ads full of random words to fool the spam filters.
I'd like to stay around 10 grand, since I'm going to install living quarters myself I don't want something that has already been heavily customized. I might go with a little 28' bumper pull for the summer if fall is the best time to look. I'd like to find one with at least 7' ceilings so I can add floor insulation before winter but the extra ceiling height ones are tough to find used from what I have seen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.