Voltage 3795 and F250? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Voltage 3795 and F250?

I'm seriously looking at toyhaulers for the family and the voltage 3795 is by far my favorite so far. I found a great deal on a 2013 model and went and talked to the dealer not knowing a whole lot about them or my needs. He assures me my 2013 f250 platinum 4x4 will do just fine hauling the trailer. My father in law also tells me I will be fine towing. I'm just a little concerned with the 14,000lb dry weight that I might have legal issues. My father in law said to go but the correct plates for my truck and all will be fine. Anyone with advice on this. Hate to spend 60k on a truck and 70k+ on a toyhauler and them not work together...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 07:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

well, considering you have an F250, you have 3.31s or 3.55s which will limit you to 14,xxx of trailer towing weight. so empty, that trailer is NEAR or OVER max weight. also, your payload on a platinum 4x4 is probably around ~2000lbs or less. the pin weight is over 3000lbs... so before you add ANYONE or ANYTHING in that truck, you're already 1000lbs over weight in the payload dept. highly overloaded.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:48 AM

Re: Voltage 3795 and F250?

Not what you wanted to hear, eh?
Old 03-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Voltage 3795 and F250?

I wasn't looking for any particular answer. I was looking for good logical advice on my situation. I have access to multiple dually all the way up to full on peterbilt tractors. My family would be much more comfortable in my f250 though. Just trying to put together a strategy before I spend 70-100k on a trailer I shouldn't / can't tow.

Old 03-03-2013, 11:13 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to kendallcschm
the trailer weight is 15,700 and the truck can tow up to 16,300 if its a 3.55 geared f-250 SRW.. so its near but i'm sure if he packs light he can swing it barely.. if he doesn't go over scales or anything because he's not commercial then he should be fine, i'm sure the truck can handle it
Old 03-03-2013, 11:44 AM

I recant my prior info regarding towing weight, as I was clearly looking at the TT towing specs for 2012s. 5th wheel towing specs for a 2013 F250 Srw 4x4 is 15,900. The trailer specs:
Hitch Weigh 3,007 lbs
Dry Weight 15,752 lbs
(we all know that shipping weights are grossly under mostly)
Regardless, lets assume 15,752 is accurate, that leaves 248lbs for "stuff" in the trailer.
But, back to the Pin (hitch) weight of 3,000lbs, i'll bet lunch that the OP is at least 750lbs over the payload sticker (op, look for the yellow sticker on your drivers door pillar and let us know what it is, 2,000-2,200 is my bet).
It's honestly way too much trailer for an f250, although it is a baddarse trailer!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Voltage 3795 and F250?

So how is this for a test? Go to the dealer with my Rzr and load it. To simulate our other cargo (clothes, food, etc) have them fill the water tank full, and fill the grey water also. I'm not planning on ever hauling water. I'm not camping where there isn't a hookup. Hook it up and tow it down the interstate, down a 2 lane, and then hit the cat scales next to the RV dealer. This would give me an idea how it handles and how much it weighs.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 PM

if the water tanks are in the back, it may unload the pin and skew accurate results. but none the less, it is a test. look on your door jam and read the payload sticker. there isn't a chance in hades that you'll be anywhere near legal to tow that trailer in regards to payload
Old 03-03-2013, 12:16 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Voltage 3795 and F250?

I'm in Vegas for a couple days. Truck is in Arkansas. Couldn't anyone with a 2013 f250 look in the door and have the same sticker?

Old 03-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Don't skimp. Get an F350 SRW minimum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.