New to 5ers, lifted F250 CC LB, will it work? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to 5ers, lifted F250 CC LB, will it work?

I have an 05 F250 6.0 SRW lifted 4.5in, and on 35's, and am looking at my first 5th wheel TH. I do not believe it is lifted, but do believe it was sold from the factory with the axles flipped, just nothing more.

I do not currently have a 5th hitch and would need one obviously, but before I commit to buy(the price is right), and get the hitch installed, would it even be possible to use my truck being lifted 4.5 and being on 35s? Or would I have bed rail issues and too much weight on the rear axle of the TH(twin axle)?

They towed it with a Chevy 2500 Durty, CC, but it was not lifted at all. The pics show the TH as having just a slight incline to the nose, but I'd say it was only about 1inch from front to back.

The TH is a 99 Thor, 32FT, with 6ft being over the bed, dry weight 6100lbs so pretty light really. My truck is not a dually, and I do not want to unlift it as I just installed all new shocks, and steering stabilizers etc.

I do have several bumper pulls as well I am looking at but they are more $$, and I've always wanted a 5th wheel. I am selling my bumper pull TT tonight and have 2 drop hitches depending on if I get another bumper pull already so no cost for hitch in that case.

I would prefer not to have to lift the trailer as it will haul my race bike or golf cart depending on event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
well back under it with the trailer level. You'll need 6" clearance on the bed rails. If you don't have that then you'll need to lift the trailer. My trailer's suspension came with several adjustments to raise or lower it, couple inches I'd say, check for that as well. If you have a short bed, a slider hitch is recommended although I don't have one and although it's been tight several times I've been able to do without. I have the B&W gooseneck hitch with the companion RV adapter, lifetime warranty, highly recommend it! Good luck! Coach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.