'Load Trail' Brand Trailers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2012, 08:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'Load Trail' Brand Trailers

Anyone have a Load Trail trailer they use? I'm looking to get a new trailer and I've researched several brands and it seems like they've really got it going on for the price compared to others. I've looked at PJ, Hillsboro, Titan, Red Rhino, Big Tex, Top Hat, Diamond C, Texas Bragg, and Trail Master (Which was my first choice, but apparently they are going out of business soon which is sad to hear...).

Anyways.

Here is the trailer I'm looking at: GN Carhauler 14,000 Lb w/6" Channel Frame Load Trail Trailer Manufacturing

Wanting a 28' + 2' steel dove tail with removable ramps.
7k lb axles.
Adjustable square coupler.
6" raised neck.
Tool box.
Dual jacks.
Spare tire and wheel.
LED lights, with extra lights strung all around.
Rear support jacks.

Just looking to see if anyone else is running a Load Trail or something similar to the one I'm looking at and possibly comparing a few prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

After years of moving ramps, I finally purchased a Kaufman tilt deck this spring. Gooseneck, 15,000 pound capacity, 14' fixed, 14' tilt. I spoke with local trailer dealers and one local trailer manufacturer, Kaufman built what I wanted and I drove to NC and picked it up for less than the locals wanted for something that was not of the same quality.

Equipment Trailers, Gooseneck Trailers, Car Hauler Trailer, Kaufman Trailers
Old 08-01-2012, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krapie View Post
After years of moving ramps, I finally purchased a Kaufman tilt deck this spring. Gooseneck, 15,000 pound capacity, 14' fixed, 14' tilt. I spoke with local trailer dealers and one local trailer manufacturer, Kaufman built what I wanted and I drove to NC and picked it up for less than the locals wanted for something that was not of the same quality.

Equipment Trailers, Gooseneck Trailers, Car Hauler Trailer, Kaufman Trailers
I've never heard of Kaufman before, but from what I'm seeing on their tilt deck trailers and their prices, I'm going to have to consider this pretty hard.

Are you happy with yours overall? Paint quality?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:30 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I have only had it for 4 months, but very pleased with the function and quality. With Kaufman you buy direct from the factory, they have a delivery option, but I decided to pick up at the factory and save a few more dollars. The ordering and pickup experience was great, salesman spent time to go over details of the trailer as we looked it over, then made the adjustments to fit my truck. Kaufman has factories in North Carolina and Nebraska.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krapie View Post
I have only had it for 4 months, but very pleased with the function and quality. With Kaufman you buy direct from the factory, they have a delivery option, but I decided to pick up at the factory and save a few more dollars. The ordering and pickup experience was great, salesman spent time to go over details of the trailer as we looked it over, then made the adjustments to fit my truck. Kaufman has factories in North Carolina and Nebraska.
Interesting. I'm wanting a 26' or 28'. The tilt option would be nice, but I'm afraid with some of the stuff I load the tilt portion of the deck might be too short and cause an issue.

Their price is pretty decent, they're just not quite built as heavy as some of the other brands around.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:54 PM

Have looked at both Kaufman and Load trail, know people who own both and have not heard complaints from any of them. trailer in my sig is a Starlite, they are built in Oklahoma, I did not buy it new, but am very happy with it.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryraised View Post
Have looked at both Kaufman and Load trail, know people who own both and have not heard complaints from any of them. trailer in my sig is a Starlite, they are built in Oklahoma, I did not buy it new, but am very happy with it.
I read a bunch of negative reviews on the Kaufman trailers after I looked into them a little further.

From what I gather, the Load Trail brand offers the best built trailer with the best warranty for the money. I think I'm going to end up going that way ultimately. Plus LT has the shortest wait on production. Titan told me they were 4 months out minimum to build a trailer. LT is 5 weeks. I'm not in a huge rush, but I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on all these brands or trailers like the style I'm looking at. I'd like to get it right the first time, especially if I'm special ordering it.

I do know one thing, I'm getting ALOT of lights put on it. I've got a bit of a fetish for LED's, and I want this sucker to glow at night.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 08-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Premium Member

My dad has a Load Trail and I had a Load Trail and they were both great. My dad has had his for about 5 years and it is holding up great, paint could be better, but I believe they are powder coated now and they weren't when he bought his. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.
Old 08-17-2012, 07:32 PM

Well we ended up coming across a really nice used 2006 PJ 32' (27'+5') tandem dual for a price that was unreal. It's super clean for it's age and the owner took good care of it. We were looking for a low-pro style, but couldn't turn away the 10k lb axles. I was about to pull the trigger on a new Load Trail custom built to our specs, but ended up saving a lot of money going this route. I will say, I'm impressed with the way this trailer is built. All the cross members are on 12" centers, plus there are 4 sets of double cross members divided along the deck. 12" I-beam neck. Just built like a **** brick house. The trailer alone is a pull.

After tons of research, it looks like the Load Trails and PJ's are two of the best built trailers on the market.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 PM

Whoops... Here it is--

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.