Tiger trailers? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Tiger trailers?

Anyone had any experience with Tiger trailers? Formerly Texas truck and trailer. I'm looking at one of their 14K 24' drive over fender goosenecks. There is a dealer in Houston who has them new for $4600, seems like a damn good price to me, cant seem to find one used. Says they have 8" channel frame? I plan on looking at one this weekend, what should I look for? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks TIGER TRAILERS INC. - ******************** *Gooseneck Trailers
Trout Tire Center, Inc - Gooseneck Trailers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 09:31 PM

Ok, I know this is an old thread but I finally bought the trailer I was looking at, price went up though, paid $4895 although I got a $98 discount for paying with cash. so it ended up at $4797 before taxes and license. I haven't used it yet, but I hauled it back from Houston and so far I have no complaints.

There seemed to be very few options for a lowboy 102" wide trailer aside from PJ and this one was significantly cheaper and seems to be built just as well. There was a "Ranch king" one but it had a 6" frame, no spare along with a few other shortcomings, oh and they wanted $5195.

So here is a short overview of the specs and features, along with a few pics. Its not perfect but I'm very happy with it for the money.

So the specs,

24’ gooseneck, 3’dovetail 21’ flat.

102” wide including rubrail/stake pockets

rubrail made from 3/8” steel

81” between fenders

8” Mainframe at 82”, 5” outer frame at 100”, angle iron connecting the two, rubrail/stake pockets make it 102"

3” c-channel cross members on 16” centers. although it is doubled up a couple times, I didnt measure it out, see 10th picture, there the crossmembers are pretty close together, didn't measure that either. 6-8" spread maby. it is like that about half way between the fenders and the neck and at the start of the dovetail. IIRC

10” C-channel Drive over fenders braced with 3” C-Channel topped with expanded metal for grip

Neck upright 12” I-beam

Neck horizontal 8” C-channel gusseted with ” steel

7K brake axles with 235/80-16 radials 10 ply,

Neck mounted spare tire

2" receiver hitch on the back that is braced but doesn't have a wiring hookup that I saw.

Lockable chain box with latches built in that hold them open, small yet handy feature.

Drop leg jacks with the jack handle useable on either side.

Spring assist 5’ ramps, made with 3” c-channel and angle iron, removable

The outer frame is connected to the main frame with 3"x 1/4 angle iron along with the side to frame at the front and back going all the way across the width (102") Hope that makes sense. Refer to pics for clarification.

Not sure what brand the axles are. The tires I got were Double King DK688's in 235/80-16. "132" load rating (3520Lbs) with a "Q" speed rating, (99MPH) which surprised me. Although they wernt balanced.

Not sure what the empty weight is either.

Downsides, (and these are minor) painted not powder-coated and there are a few runs in the paint, I would have liked a wiring hookup with the receiver on the back although I don't ever plan on using it but not having a wiring hookup seems to defeat the purpose. And on the drive over fenders while there is expanded metal on the back angle and the top there isn't any on the front angle, so you could have trouble in theory unloading something as it may be too slick to get traction to drive back up. Then again this is easily fixed and considering the very shallow angle of the fenders this isn't expected to be an issue. It only occured to me because this will be used to haul an Oliver 1850 with the narrow front end, and I will be backing it on. If you were hauling a 4x4 Jeep or something of that sort this wouldn't be an issue. See pics for clarification. Also the wiring connections weren't soldered or covered with heat shrink, they used those piercing clip connectors. Something I will remedy if I get bored someday.See pics.

Like I said before, I am very happy with the trailer, these complaints are minor and I'm being OCD.

If anyone has any question or wants any pics let me know, I couldn't find any reviews or a full list of specs online, never did email the company though.

Last edited by 44magnum; 06-29-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:36 PM

A few more pics, Pics were taken with my phone, hence the ****ty quality. Looking forward to using it later in August!

Old 06-30-2013, 09:16 AM

I like it. Anyone can build trailers, but adding those little things are what helps them sell. I like the very shallow fenders and exp. metal on them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.