Help with triple axle trailer info...(pics) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2012, 05:20 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Help with triple axle trailer info...(pics)

While browsing Craigslist, I managed to find a triple axle gooseneck trailer for under $2k at a local Chevrolet dealership.

They list it as a "2004 Nomad TRIPLE AXLE".

I couldn't find anything about a Nomad brand trailer that wasn't some kind of small single or dual axle travel trailer.

Does this thing look like a homebuilt? Any guesses as to what the GVWR would be or the axle rating?

I figure some of you may be able to tell things about it just by looking at it.

I would guess by the rims it was much older than 2004 and am a little confused by the single landing leg and how thin the deck looks thinner than what I am used to seeing for a double or triple axle flatbed trailer.

Link - Carbuyz.com - 2004 Nomad TRIPLE AXLE in Cottonwood, Arizona 86326 - Carbuyz.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2012, 05:24 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Looks like mobile home axles to me.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
those i think are 14.5 in tires on ring rims axles, and i would say home build. run from it unless you plan to put new axles under it. those axles will hold a lot of wight but you can not balance them and they will shake bad. i have a small trailer that has axles like that and the will hold more wight then the frame but it pulls bad.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:05 PM

Hmm, so what would that be...like 6 or 7k axles?

The pictures don't seem to have anything like the 12" i-beam frames that new gooseneck flatbed trailers have.

I can't figure out if this is something that could easily haul a car or tractor - or would be more at home hauling some ATVs or SxS/golf carts...
Old 02-28-2012, 08:43 PM

Looks homemade to me, and ya those are ring rim axles that are likely older than 04, been a long time since anyone used those. I would guess 6K, but no guess on the rest of the trailer, doesn't look that sturdy to me, but its tough to tell exactly without seeing it up close. Not worth it IMHO.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:34 PM

I'd stay as far away from that as possible, unless they sell it to you for scrap weight. I wouldn't put a full Red Solo Cup on it. Plus, if those are trailer house axles, that means that there are no brakes on them.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:06 PM

looks homemade to me! ask them to see the title it should say.. i would give the 500 for it! lol

and i took the axles from my grandmothers house and 2 out of the 8 had brakes on them.. i just scrapped the axles tho!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:16 PM

I had a trailer with those axles. And they dont have brakes. It also pulled crappy.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:11 PM

those are Budd Wheels, and they are old. They could have brakes but you probably won't be able to find parts for them. I'd walk away for any price. Coach
Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 PM

We useto have a gn with wheels like that and still have a ol bumper that weve had for years. They both have dexter axles with breaks and parts are no problem to get but id agree... Looks home made and flimsey at that. Also the title might not say homemade but could say travel trailer or any different body type other than flatbed. Just means axles and frame are factory but bed has been changed and probably homemade. The way the floor is ran id almost guess there are no or very few cross members on the main sills because they wouldnt do any good with the wood running sidways instead of the length of the trailer like normal. Id definatly say if you put a "Red Solo Cup" on there keep the weight up on the truck . Or better yet keep looking and find something better. If you keep your eyes out you will find find something.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.