Hitch and air bags ????s - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2011, 08:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hitch and air bags ????s

When I bought my truck it already had airlift load lift 5000 bags on it. I am looking to install a gooseneck hitch but can't seem to find a conclusive answer on which ones will work with what set up. My bags are mounted to the outside of the frame rails vs between frame and axle. I really want to install a B&W turnover ball and want to make sure this will work before I drop the coin on it. Looking for thoughts from guys that have this set up. And if the B&W won't work which one will?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 09:04 PM

Air lift has 4 diffrent air bag systems for your 04 4x4 truck, part #57215 wont fit with a hitch and part #57390, #57291 (B&W 1105 and 1199R with slight modification to brackets only) & #57298 (reese 5th wheel) will fit with a hitch. All you have to do now is figure out which it you have! But the #57390 says its a "underframe mounting" So you probably dopnt have that one. Call the company and see if they can help you id your setup. Good luck! Interactive Application Guide | Air Lift Company
Old 12-22-2011, 12:05 PM

Alright so I found out that I have the 57215 kit. However one the previous owners did have a fifth wheel installed. He used the universal rail kit to get around the airbag set up. I could go this route and get the best of both worlds as far as gooseneck/5th wheel combo but don't know how well it hold up with one of the gooseneck plates attached, this would also save me a large chunk of change. I don't have any future plans for a 5th wheel right now but never know with a wife that likes to "camp" in luxury (just give me a sleeping bag and fire and I'm good).

So is there anyone out there running one of the gooseneck adapters mounted in the 5th wheel rails and if so how do you like the set up?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.