Opinions on Flatbed - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2011, 08:40 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Opinions on Flatbed

Lookin at getting a 450 and going to put a flatbed on it. Wanting an 11 foot bed so I can haul 4 pallets at a time, plus a fuel tank and tool boxes. I'm going to use it to pull a gooseneck trailer for hauling grain, gravel, and mulch and then my flatbed trailer to haul 1000+ gallons of water to refill the sprayer. On the truck I want to be able to put the chemicals I'll use so I can have everything together. Truck and trailer will be around 15000, 4000 worth of chemicals, 8000 in water will put me at 27,000. So thats not too heavy for the truck.

I will also use the truck to haul bagged feed for customers, lumber, concrete, block, and retaining wall stone. Its going to be a multipurpose truck as well as my daily driver for the most part (still keeping mine but would rather put miles on a work truck).

I need help on decided what kind of bed to put. I like the aluminum bed because of the looks, but will they hold up to the abuse I will put on it? I have been looking at highway products, hillsboro, and cm beds. What kind of bed would you guys go with? I'm open to any opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 11:32 AM
Emergency Services

Not sure if they make exactly what you are looking for or if they would be willing to custom make what you would like but I've heard very good reviews of Eby products.

Aluminum Truck Bodies, flatbed, platform, dump, grain, livestock, custom by M.H. EBY
Old 12-12-2011, 08:47 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have only been around hillsboro's steel flatbeds and it is wearing out its second truck right now. Best suggestion I have is look at all models your considering and buy the one that has the thichest deck and the closest crossmembers they may cost more but are ussually worth it. Only advantages I can think of for buying a steel bed are cost and less prone to stress cracks from constant twisting. All in all buying what you want is ussually the best bet its your money. Hope that helped sorry so long. Rick
Old 12-12-2011, 11:32 AM

I like aluminum beds myself, no rust, looks good forever. Take a look at B&W, pretty sweet imho. Coach
Old 12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I got my aluminum moritz bed put on this spring after I wrecked the back corner of my truck bed. I like everything about it so far.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Send a message via Yahoo to markmattis37
I like aluminum bed. Because they are used by many for their great potential to haul items both big and small and to last for a very long time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.