has anyone hauled for truckaboat?????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
has anyone hauled for truckaboat??????

I am thinking about take a trailer down to Laredo Tx, from Detroit Mi. for a company called truckaboat. I have never worked with them before so I have some concerns. Has anyone worked or heard of them? Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 10-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dahlonega, GA
Posts: 2,819
Thanks: 5
Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd look for something coming out of there first before I'd take the load, otherwise you're just wasting time and money. Also, is the load COD or you wait 30days + to get paid?

I went and looked at the site, it says, "WE are not a broker." That is EXACTLY what they are. Looks like the U-Ship of boating transport. You have to submit a quote to get the transport. If they don't post a price for transport, I'd stay away from it.

Last edited by StarDriver; 10-07-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yea, it seems a little strange. I think what they do is once you place a bid, they let the shipper know the price and then put you in contact with the shipper. I bid
$1.50/mile and supposedly got it. I haven't received any pick up or delivery info yet but negotiated for cod. I will let you know what happens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 10-08-2011, 06:59 AM
Dont Mess With Texas!


 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Corpus Christi TX
Posts: 5,667
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
IDK anything bout the company, but be extremely careful when in Laredo!!! I live in Corpus Christi TX about 2 hr 30 min north of laredo and it is bad down there right now, the Cartel is running that area, very very dangerous especially for a non-local.

if you come down here and you run into any problems hit me up if you need help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdCoastStroker View Post
IDK anything bout the company, but be extremely careful when in Laredo!!! I live in Corpus Christi TX about 2 hr 30 min north of laredo and it is bad down there right now, the Cartel is running that area, very very dangerous especially for a non-local.

if you come down here and you run into any problems hit me up if you need help.
Is it bad even on the states side? I am hauling down a trailer that has a 65' mercedes truck on it, the kind you see in movies with guys with guns in the back. The person that bought it is from Mexico and would be coming over the boarder to meet me for the pick up. I haven't gotten any details back from truckaboat yet, which has me concerned the trip may not happen. Anyways, I will post the results when I know more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 10-08-2011, 11:17 AM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 314
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidschaffer View Post
Is it bad even on the states side? I am hauling down a trailer that has a 65' mercedes truck on it, the kind you see in movies with guys with guns in the back. The person that bought it is from Mexico and would be coming over the boarder to meet me for the pick up. I haven't gotten any details back from truckaboat yet, which has me concerned the trip may not happen. Anyways, I will post the results when I know more.
If the guy is from mexico i think i would bring a gun and make sure it gets loaded before you get there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 10-08-2011, 11:21 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pine Island Fl.
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Let's see, you're going into a bad part of TX with a gun ship, meeting a "guy" from Mexico before getting paid.... what could go wrong?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 10-08-2011, 02:59 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by billieg View Post
Let's see, you're going into a bad part of TX with a gun ship, meeting a "guy" from Mexico before getting paid.... what could go wrong?
I know. I still haven't heard back from truckaboat so it probably won't happen. I was giving the situation the benefit of the doubt. If someone had replied on one of the few forums I posted the question on, saying its a legit gig and have know worries, I "might" feel a little better about the deal. For now it seems highly questionable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 10-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pine Island Fl.
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Geezz dude, I'm a Nam vet, ex trucker and a biker and I wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole.... If ya want an adventure just Go down to the local titty bar and give the girls your wallet and say "take what ya need". At least you will still have your life and your truck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 10-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 216
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by billieg View Post
Geezz dude, I'm a Nam vet, ex trucker and a biker and I wouldn't touch that with a 10' pole.... If ya want an adventure just Go down to the local titty bar and give the girls your wallet and say "take what ya need". At least you will still have your life and your truck!
I'm sure your right. I'm no light weight, but have no interest in unnecessary trouble. Titty club sounds like a much better way to loose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors