Dump trailer?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
What a Powerstroke is for, Towing and Hauling FAQs, How To's, What do you pull, 5ers

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 05:56 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dump trailer??

2010 f250 cc sb, Bumper pull or gooseneck? If goose what brand hitch? Looking at Midsota or PJ dumps any comments on those brands. Any other suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

That depends on what the weight rating you're going for.

If you're going 14,000 dump trailer. Then I would use a PJ with the doubled up frame in a gooseneck (better spread of the weight, instead of hanging off the back). That way if you wanted to haul a excavator or something, the frame can handle the weight. My friend bought one that is bumper pulled, I can easily pull it with my truck. But I can feel the trailer pretty good.

With my fifth wheel, I have far better control and safety.

I've never heard of midsota, but I do know PJ. IMO, the PJ is a very stout and heavy duty trailer.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:40 PM

My question to you is...what will be you using the dump trailer for, because that plays a part in which type of trailer is better suited to your needs.

My personal preference for a Gooseneck hitch is the B&W Turnover Ball. Made in the US, simple, and easy to use.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:29 PM

imo i owuld go gooseneck but i prefer to pull a gn over a bumper pull anyday of the week i would second the b&w pj builds nice trailers but i found while shopping for my flatbed that big tex offers trailers of the same quality with some features i liked that the pj didn't offer and the big tex was actually about 1k cheaper for the same size trailer so i would do some close comparison and research before you buy
Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.deere View Post
imo i owuld go gooseneck but i prefer to pull a gn over a bumper pull anyday of the week i would second the b&w pj builds nice trailers but i found while shopping for my flatbed that big tex offers trailers of the same quality with some features i liked that the pj didn't offer and the big tex was actually about 1k cheaper for the same size trailer so i would do some close comparison and research before you buy
X2 on this

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 10-01-2011, 11:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to mustangman02232 Send a message via Yahoo to mustangman02232
what you are pulling and how much of it will be a big part of it, most goosenecks are better suited behind a dually because they are bigger and can hold more weight but it can be tolerable behind a SRW. if its just some little side work type of thing with only a couple yards of material id just get a bumper pull
Old 10-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Gooseneck gives an amazing ride when I drove a friends truck loaded to 14k its really smooth and it is better for the frame of the truck the air bag hitch is nice you don't Evan feel the trailer running of train tracks. But like said above if your only using it a few times a month it probably is not worth the extra money for a gooseneck set up that's what stopes ms from getting one it seemed a little overkill to tow a samurai lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.