Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Enclosed Race Car Trailer (plus)

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  StarDriver 
#1 ·
Hello Fellas,

I am planning on getting an enclosed race car trailer to haul an 03 Mustang and other stuff sometimes. Tow vehicle is an 02 F350 PSD 4WD SC LB SRW. B&W Gooseneck turnover ball hitch is going on tomorrow.

I have searched, read, inquired, studied and generally kind of know what I need.

First, I would like to keep it as short as possible, but yet have the needed room inside. For length, I reckon as follows:

Car=16'
Space behind car=2'
Space needed in front of car (working space and cabinets) = 10'
Gooseneck=6'

34' Gooseneck, sound about right?

Secondly, average inside height of an enclosed trailer is 6'6". Now considering lighting and such, 7' might be better. I have been in 6'6" trailers, and they did seem 'low'.

How would you deem the trade off of an increased height to 7' for the increased wind resistance? (Same frontal design).

Your opinions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Got a lead on a good, used GN trailer?

See less See more
#2 ·
I pull a 36' Carson Racer gooseneck with my 2000 It's about 8' tall inside and 11.5' to the top of the AC units. The inside height is great, but when the trailer is empty, it will slow me down when going down hill. Has lots of wind resistance and I think the upper deck is about 7-8'.

#3 ·
If you want 28' of flat. In most cases you need a 36' goose. Some of the nicest trailers I have seen are made by Millennium. I plan to order a 36' from them in the next month or so. There are cheaper out there, but there nice. Depending on what kind of money you are looking to spend, You might want to check out ATC. They make all aluminum trailers. Much lighter, but big bucks

#4 ·
Make sure what ever height trailer you get, the rear door is tall enough to run out when your in a hurry. Smashing your head on the door will really ruin your day. And just to save you a little time if your looking. A Millennium 36' goose base model 15k gvw is $12k

#5 ·
Thanks for the info so far. I will check out the links.

Ipkyss-sounds like you found out the rear door was too low the hard way?

#6 ·
Just FYI, all goosenecks take 8 ft...

I know of a nice Featherlite G/N at Billy Howell Ford in Cumming, Ga, it used to be a Tony Stewart show car hauler, I can't remember the length. Call Ed at 678-600-8036.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.