Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Calling all Hillbillies

15K views 120 replies 59 participants last post by  JER-1 
#1 ·
GET-R-DONE:gun:all you hillbilly brothers and sisters! Don't tell me I'm the only one here:eek:

#64 ·
Ok what about us farmboys. Because I am to far north to be a *******. I ain't got no mountains around to claim hillbilly. So I am a farmboy.

#65 ·
I don't care too much for the term "*******" because around here it's always applied to the people who're in personality limbo and go out of their way to act country or "*******". The majority of which, I've noticed, are pretty ignorant and loud due in part to wanting to be seen or heard...

Too many people nowadays wanting to be what Jeff Foxworthy or Larry the Cable Guy talk about...

That being said, I never let myself be oriented with the word "*******" if it's brought up.

I can read and write.
I graduated high school.
I dip...but I brush my teeth and goto the dentist.
The only carhartt(sp?) item in my wardrobe is a jacket for my work uniform
I don't run around with a Confederate flag screamin' "GIT-R-DONE"
...I actually know the history behind that flag beyond General Lee and the tune "Dixie" played by someone's horn.

I prefer the term "good ol' boy"...
...which basically means I'm a *******, minus the obnoxious, ignorant loud part.
:thumb:

#67 ·
Wha shoot'chea, big'n. You orta no beddur'n t'think I kant rite me uh fool essay....SON

:hehe:

#73 ·
Well what about a sity slicker live right outside Huntington West dang gon Virgini a Guess were just in between the Hillbilly and ********.So I'll just
guess we start the city slicks.
MEN AND WOMAN LETS GET US A WV. CHAPTER GOING AROUND HERE.
Any takers????
JER-1

:icon_ford::grd:

#78 ·
Huntington WV. not far from most of you guys ,I,m off to stonewall jackson fishing Wed for the rest of the week.
JER-1

#79 ·
I'm originally from Whitman in Logan county, my wife is from Pigeon Creek in Mingo county.

#80 ·
Ripley WV checkin in, raised over on Elk River!

My son ask me when he was about 4 what a ******* was. I told him it was country boys that were God fearin, big truck drivin, 4 wheelin, ridge runnin, huntin and fishin. He looked up and said we're ******** aint we dad!

What a proud moment!

Hillbilly, *******, countryboy etc. All terms of endearment! We still go to County Fair, we have horse shows, we arent afraid to pray or say the pledge when we gather! If you don't like it, it's ok, just gather elsewhere!

#83 ·
Lets get a West Virginia chapter started...maybe have a get together around spring time...any takers??

#85 ·
I hear ya...theres a lot down here in the coalfields....i want to have a get together but not sure how to go about getting it goin and where to have it...im goin to start to work on a sticker of some sort...everyone else has them why not us..lol..

#86 ·
I agree. Let's give it a day or two and see if we can get more interest. I'll start a seperate thread and see if we can get interest. Depending on who replies and where they are, we can plan where to meet. Plenty of lakes and parks we could all meet on a weekend!

#87 ·
yea sounds good...

#89 ·
Well lets hope so I've mentioned this a few times over the last year or so , good to see some interest finally.
JER-1
:icon_ford:
:thumb:

#94 ·
i was born and raised in huntington wv!
cant believe i just found this thread.
i miss back home!

#95 ·
I'm not from WV...wish I was...I'll be over in Fairmont on Monday...then up to Chester. Tues and Wed I'll be in Charlston. When I think of West Virginia...I think of hillbilly heaven...Wild and Wonderful.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.