Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Calling all Hillbillies

15K views 120 replies 59 participants last post by  JER-1 
#1 ·
GET-R-DONE:gun:all you hillbilly brothers and sisters! Don't tell me I'm the only one here:eek:

#3 ·
A hillbilly is a term for people who dwell in remote, rural, mountainous areas. In particular the term refers to residents of the Appalachia and later the Ozarks in the United States.

Of course, once they get one of the seven broke down cars in their yard working again, they move up in social stature and prefer to be known as a "Mountain William" :D

#5 ·
Ozark Hill Billy

I guess I qualify "Hill Billy, Red Neck, been called them all plus a few others.
To me It's an Honor. It all means working man to me.

#7 ·
Worm Drowner said:
A hillbilly is a term for people who dwell in remote, rural, mountainous areas. In particular the term refers to residents of the Appalachia and later the Ozarks in the United States.

Of course, once they get one of the seven broke down cars in their yard working again, they move up in social stature and prefer to be known as a "Mountain William" :D
Are you kidding Worm Drowner. A true hillbilly can hardly afford one car, let alone seven:eek: Besides, they would all be Fords:thumb: so it's doubtful they would be broke down:lol:

#10 ·
deeno where is cottageville i'm in belpre a stone throw from pburg.
Hey there Whale45714:welcome1: Sorry for the late reply. I haven't been on here for quite sometime. Cottageville is 6 miles west of Ripley on route 62 ( formally route33 ) where the Jackson Co. Junior Fair is held. Where abouts in Belpre are you located? I work at the 7-up warehouse in Porterfield as a route driver.

#11 ·
My name says it all! I'm just stuck up here in northern Ohio. Ya we hillbillies can have more than one car! 6 of them are just on cinder blocks! GIT R DONE!

#12 ·
dont worry, your not the only hillbilly here........LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!

#15 ·
What is a Hillbillie? What is a *******?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Hmmm....I live in the Appalachian mountains in the backwoods of West Virginia...and hillbillies are just plain folks who likes a simple and laid back lifestyle. They'll help you if they can and if they can't they wont. Many grow and hunt their own food. If there's something that needs to be done today and they don't do it...then there's always tomorrow, and if their gone before tomorrow comes...then it didn't need to be done. I'm guessing 80% or more are musicians. If the chicken and the pig wants to come in the house...let them. DO NOT CONFUSE A HILLBILLIE WITH A *******!!! They are DIFFERENT!!! ******** causes more trouble and resist authority and if they don't like the looks of you then it's possible they will start trouble with you. ******** reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while hicks and hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. To me a ******* is a want-to-be Hillbilly who's attitude got in the way. If a ******* just read what I wrote...he's cussing me by now....lol. If you want to know more on the difference I sent you a website, there's good info on it.

Source(s):
My own experience living in the Appalachian
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/hillbilly...

#60 ·
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Hmmm....I live in the Appalachian mountains in the backwoods of West Virginia...and hillbillies are just plain folks who likes a simple and laid back lifestyle. They'll help you if they can and if they can't they wont. Many grow and hunt their own food. If there's something that needs to be done today and they don't do it...then there's always tomorrow, and if their gone before tomorrow comes...then it didn't need to be done. I'm guessing 80% or more are musicians. If the chicken and the pig wants to come in the house...let them. DO NOT CONFUSE A HILLBILLIE WITH A *******!!! They are DIFFERENT!!! ******** causes more trouble and resist authority and if they don't like the looks of you then it's possible they will start trouble with you. ******** reject or resist assimilation into the dominant culture, while hicks and hillbillies theoretically are isolated from the dominant culture. To me a ******* is a want-to-be Hillbilly who's attitude got in the way. If a ******* just read what I wrote...he's cussing me by now....lol. If you want to know more on the difference I sent you a website, there's good info on it.

Source(s):
My own experience living in the Appalachian
Hillbilly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...
The term ******* came from a bunch of hillbillies who banded together to fight the goons that the big coal companies had gathered to stop the unions. The hillbilly millitia all wore red kerchiefs around thier necks to identify themselves and they came to be known as ********. Saw it on the History Channel a while back. I'm proud to be both.

#17 ·
WD40, WOW that's DEEP! LOL

Just a good 'ol country boy's oppinion.

#18 ·
Yep, I know. I don't know where I fit in at. Somewhere in between if that's possible. I am just an old country boy.

G
#20 ·
Well fella's I got to throw the BULL$%!T flag on WD40's post about definitions. :cowboy: Ya see, in the GREAT state of TENNESSEE the term ******* is a term of endearment. Most folks there that are deemed ******** are just "good ol boys (and girls)" that like the countrier side of life. I know lots of hillbillies and ******** and there are always bad apples in every bunch, but most of the time they are just down to earth folks. No offense WD but I have to kindly disagree with you. :beer:

#21 ·
Just found this thread :)
Hillbilly Farmer from Morgantown, WV

#69 ·
Wow I havent been to Heppnor in years. Fought fire out there a few times!

#27 ·
Howdy Neighbor GET-R-DUN

#29 ·
Yea Deeno! Gett'n cold......just wet out tonight! Gonna be rainin all day tomorrow around 70 I hear and back to 40s Sunday. Hopin to clean my rig. Things gett'n cold in them hills yet?

#30 ·
ive been acused of being a red neck a time or two.

#31 ·
i dont really live in a rural part of town but i like country music i hunt fish shoot guns work on motorcycles and trucks. where does that put me?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.