Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Torqshift tranny flush in WV???

5K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  justinbaldwin69 
#1 ·
I've called 4 dealers in-- Buckhannon, Clarksburg, Elkins, and Weston. None of them can do a transmission flush on a 6.0L Powerstroke with a torqshift tranny (Mercon SP). Some places have a machine, but they have Mercon V instead of Mercon SP, and aren't willing to switch their fluid over to SP for a flush. Does anyone in WV actually do a proper tranny flush anywhere?:dunno:

#3 ·
Hehehe.:) I just might have to come down there at this rate.:D It really blows my mind that no one around here can do an actual flush. You can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a superduty... Heck, if I had the time it would probably be worth it to buy the dang machine and do them myself on the side. I ain't kiddin'-- this neck of the woods is very highly populated with SDs.

If can't find anyone soon, I'm probably going to have to go on a vacation (to an area with a dealer that can do it) just to get it done...

#6 ·
Thanks guys, I'll check into those leads.:thumb:

#8 ·
Probably a dumb question but what is "BTS"? (I can't search a three letter item in the search function.):doh:

#9 ·
try t and t in Phillipi. If Brett cant do it he may know someone that can. Brett is a top shelf guy and reasonable to boot. Hope this helps

#10 ·
Couple of options for you:

1) Don't worry about the filter in the pan. Its more like a screen than a filter. Drain out what you can (about 8 quarts), change the external filter, top off with SP, drive around, drain off another 8 quarts, and top off with SP again.

2) Find a transmission shop in your area that has SP or bring your own and use their machine. I did this a while back and they charged me $50. (I brought my own fluid).

--Snake

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.