post #1 of 5 Old 12-06-2011, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Compression Ignition Addict
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Prew32
Smog My 7.3 with TS Chip???

Will my truck pass smog if I just put it on the stock setting or do I have to take the TS chip off completely???

01 F350 CCLB 7.3 6 Speed with Luke clutch, 38R Turbo with Riffraff Billet Wheel, IH Bellowed up pipes, EBVP delete, hi flow outlet, Riffraff HPX, Riffraff intercooler boots, AFe Intake, Full Force 160cc single shots, Strictly Diesel RR fuel system, Hydra chip, 5.5" Fabtech lift, 18x10 Moto Metal 962's, 325/65/18 Cooper STT, Amp Powersteps, 07 Harley Headlights
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 5 Old 12-08-2011, 03:14 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to korg70kbc
as far as I know u have to remove it. but lets see if someone else knows who recently smogged

SOLD NCHornet's CCV MOD!, stancor GP relay, zoodad, 6637, fumoto valve, 4" turbo back no cat/muffler, Autometer gauges, & AE avail.
post #3 of 5 Old 12-08-2011, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
I think the only way you can leave it on there is if the TS chip has a C.A.R.B. Executive Order number. If it does, there should be a sticker with the chip with that number on there. IF you have that number, they will write it down and cross-reference it.
Having that number means CARB has tested it and approved it for use in California. IF you don't have the number, you'll need to remove it.

OR find somebody who doesn't care or find out if your county even has SMOG tests (Some don't).

That's what happened with my K&N FIPK - It has the number so it passed. I know, there is a big difference between an intake and a chip, but the procedure is the same.

Owner / Operator: Darryl
My Truck: 2001 F350 | 7.3L PSD | 4R100 | Crew Cab | Long Bed | 4x4 - 222,000 miles - 10 Years of ownership
Mods: Autometer Z-series Gauges | K&N GenII FIPK | MBRP 4" TB Exhaust | Hypertech PP3 | Toyo OC ATII (LT285/75R16 "E") | SilverStar 9007/9145 | Dura-Flap Mud Flaps
Usage: DD | 5er Puller
Tow Toy: Pilgrim International 31RE3SLF5
U.S. Navy - IC2 - '76-'80
post #4 of 5 Old 12-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
Location: South central Kentucky, 15 miles South of Bowling Green KY, 40 miles north of Nashville TN.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You can look or ARB's web site. They have a list of approved aftermarket parts, chips etc. If your item is listed there, you can print out the Executive Order and take it in with you.

My programmer was listed there and I printed out the EO, but at the last minute decided to uninstall it because it makes the accelerator extremely sensitive when in neutral. I didn't want the smog monkey to be romping on the pedal with it being that touchy.

2000 F250 7.3L CC 4x4. 28,248 original miles on the odometer as of 11-6-2015!!

Link to some pics:
My Trucks

Running board lights

2012 Bumper, hitch & Bestop Step

2005 to 2012 Mirror Upgrade
post #5 of 5 Old 03-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Officially... No. It has to come off. However some SMOG guys will pass you if it is in stock setting.

Reason being is this: You can modify you truck however you want. They cant control how you drive it on private property. So you could IN THEORY just be using the other setting on private property. But must smog guys dont think that far into the way smog laws are written.

Mine is hidden where the cig lighter is supposed to be and most people dont see it. I leave it in stock and dont have any problems.
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode