everyone is the Cal chapter read this today! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
West Coast Strokers California Chapter Area

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
everyone is the Cal chapter read this today!

or tomorrow it dosent matter. to the point...

We need to completely think about this chapter. I am 99.6% sure laurie(korg) has left our chapter and the website due to numerous reasons. we need another historian and coming up in January we need to pick new leadership. lets take a look at the amount of meets we have had: 1. i know times are tough right now so no one really pushed a meet out. lets take a look at how many people actively post and take part our section of the forums: 5-8. Im not here to bust anyones balls but look around, darrel spends more time clearing cobwebs around here than i do at home. laurie got us a new decal guy that cut some decals and put them up on ebay for us and im imangining he hasnt sold more than three. Every was so gung ho when we started this thing and then it seems most of you dissapeared. and frankly it pisses me off. i took some time away from this site for personal reasons earlier this year and when i came back there were crickets everywhere. IF this chapter continues to opperate we need a better way or running this chapter. that lies on me not you guys. Im wondering if it may have been a good idea to have a Ca chapter with North and south subchapters. raul seems like his pre-existing chapter for so cal has done alot and we have had 1 meet! we need to do some serious thinking or this chapter will go away. i can promise you that. Were a chapter and what do we have to show for it? A STICKER. think about it everyone and respond in this thread. a final decision will be made at a later date to see if this chapter continues. any chapter member is welcome to post in this thread and its expected if your interrested that you post something here.

-Joe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 03:55 PM

"laurie got us a new decal guy that cut some decals and put them up on ebay for us and im imangining he hasnt sold more than three."

Actually I just sold 1. I ran them on ebay for 2 10-day runs so when they expired last week I didn't relist them. I have 2 decals cut and ready to ship so I think I'll list those 2 on ebay tonight at a discount price and see what happens. Good luck to all, I hope you guys get everything squared away.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:57 PM
Emergency Services

my point exactly. i thought laurie and darryl bought stickers? either way im sorry man. maybe in the future we could work something out.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:38 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to korg70kbc
Well, I see u understand where I'm coming from. I do a lot of work & drug Larry into a chapter that is doing nothing!! I feel bad, & will compensate him when I'm paid. I feel no one cares about this chapter & Darryl & I seem to be the only 2 who exist. No one knew that the previous decal guy would vanish with everyone's $, including mine!!!. I feel bad. I did what I could.
I can't care about a chapter that no one else cares about.
I love the ORG, but am disenchanted at the moment. IT would be nice to see far more member support & maybe Joe your becoming more involved will help, who knows..........
I do know, that I give out cards & have stuck by this group only to feel very alone w/Darryl.

Hope it changes, cuz I don't really want to go nor do I want to see the chapter dissolve.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Emergency Services

read thread.....discuss
Old 10-30-2009, 10:20 AM
Super Moderator

Let me say that I am glad some attention is being given to this since I would like to see WCS continue. I have wondered, at times, what was going on. Why is it not as active as it once was? I think the primary reason is…life happens. It gets priority whether we want it to or not. The economy HAS affected many people, my house included, which causes people to focus on things more important than a website. I am on 3 websites regularly and only one is somewhat active as far as G2Gs are concerned. That site used to be a lot more active than now and even at that, there are a lot fewer members who attend the functions that are scheduled. So…we’re not the only one suffering from frustration at the lack of interest.

Joe, I’m glad you’re sticking around here. I’ve seen too many times where the, “I need to take a break for a bit” messages gets posted, only to never hear from that person again. You stood by your word. You took the time you needed and then came back. Thanks for that.

Laurie, thanks for what you’ve done here. I don’t how you went about getting Larry on-board after the other guy. I would not have known where to start. OTOH, getting Larry on-board also caused me to spend more money ‘cause Larry has some really cool stuff I couldn’t resist. So…thanks for that! In the forums, in PMs, I have sensed your frustration. I really hope you decide to stick around.

Personally, most of the time, it’s easy for me to get on the forums. Other times, not so much. I have certain times during my work day and I have evenings, when not a lot is going on, where I have time to surf. I enjoy interacting with people, both on-line and in person. I like meeting the people I’ve chatted with and see their truck face-2-face. However, with things in my life the way they are (everyone has stuff) most of the time, I have to pick and choose the F2F G2Gs I can attend.

Would splitting WCS in half work better? Would people get together more often? With $$ and fuel the way they are, how far are members willing to go for a G2G? It does seem like that with the advent of social networking sites, forums and such, people seem to prefer to interact more from their keyboard than with their faces.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Emergency Services

gathering opionions..
Old 10-30-2009, 04:31 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

thanks darryl, I am frustrated, & yes Larry has really cool stuff, I too have to keep myself in check, I did order a new WCS decal as mine is now covered by a shell
I really hope Joe can spark some interest in this chapter again. People really responded to him & I'd like to see the Org stay on top!!! There are too many sites out there where no one gives a crud.

Rattle the cages Joe, I'd like to see these guys wake up & will rattle the go their cages over where I know they are hanging at the momnent.
Everyone complained about the $ of the previous decals, I think Larry has great prices & quality, there is no reason not to order from him.

I'm here, just kinda frustrated there are only us 3 at the moment!!

I finally got the help thanks to Dave I needed on the dash, & Its on its way back in,.....lets just hope it starts after all this......
Old 11-01-2009, 06:01 PM
Emergency Services

Due to the overwhelming response to our chapter

I am going to continue to gather information on who is interrested and who is not anylonger for 2 (two) more weeks. NOV 14 i will be making a decision on rather or not to terminate West Coast Strokers. I do not want to by any means however its no use to keep trying to get people interrested. maybe in the future someone wants to tackle a California chapter, best of luck to you. Everyone that chimed in when we were creating this chapter needs to come back by and let us (the leadership) know whats going on. if you are not interrested in being part of the chapter thats fine, just let us know. if we had a meet comming up i would imagine it would just be me darrel and laurie. If we are showing positive progress then the chapter will remain, if no one chimes in, recomendation will be made to Moderators to dissolve the chapter and the posts included in our section. So chime in and give your opinion!
-Joe

the easiest way to get a hold of me is to email me. address is in my sig
Old 11-01-2009, 06:07 PM
ARMY MOM!!!!

THIS SOOOOO SUCKS!!! I mean come on, I'm broke as all he$$ & I managed to stay involved. I understand summer takes people away, but I see these guys in other parts of the forums, so there is NO GOOD REASON for ZERO response except from the new guy!!!
Hopefully you'll get some response Joe, cuz I hate to see this go away after all we did to get it up & running........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.