So what would you do? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Website Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Any Website Related comments go here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So what would you do?

I'm at a dead end. I don't know where to turn. Or even if there is a turn to take. Short story... I feel I have been ripped off by someone on this site.

I feel I have made every intention clear and decisive and have asked for nothing I wasn't promissed. A product was promissed to me and I haven't received it and it's been almost a year. With numerous PMs, emails, and even a couple calls, I still haven't gotten any response from this individual since 3-7-08. That's almost a year. As stated before, I've tried all other avenues to contact this person shy of bringing it to this forum or threats. I don't think threats are the way to handle anything but, I'm not sure what else is left. That's why I'm posting it here.
The details include me purchasing something advertised on this forum. I received the product but had trouble shortly afterward with one of the parts. I was told to return it and I would recieve the updated version after they received the old product. A few PMs and emails went back a forth and last I heard it was still a deal. Then nothing since March of last year. If they didn't want to honor the warranty, I can't understand why they even made me spend the extra money to ship it back to them? The person I'm referring to still frequents this forum. In fact, I'm hoping this thread will spur some incentive to ship what they said they would ship. I'm holding back with the name for a little while just in case there has been a mistake. I can't fathom how this could be a mistake but, never the less, I have to consider all scenarios and give them the benefit of the doubt. After all a thread like this could be very damaging to someones credibility.
Meanwhile, I'd like to hear some response from you members on how you would handle this if you were in my same position. Because, like I said, I don't know where to go. Just forget about it??? or press the issue???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2009, 08:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to slammedSI Send a message via MSN to slammedSI Send a message via Yahoo to slammedSI
A year is a joke. If it was me i would have posed his name and said parts for all eyes to see. Said person had PLENTY of time to finish what he started.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
time to spill the beans. that is ridiculous
Old 01-23-2009, 08:35 PM
My 6OH Hates Me

Starting your post is a great start, a year is way too long to wait. you have alot of patience. I hope it all works out for you.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
yea holy cow you do have some paitents
Old 01-23-2009, 08:46 PM

Well, as stated above, I think this person has a lot to lose. That's why I'm not just throwing his name around. Up until the loss of contact, he was actually a great guy to deal with. We'll see.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:52 PM

Troubled times fall on everybody but the person in question should man up with an explanation, of why he has not shipped you the product back yet, if not i say burn him so no one else gets the same treatment as you got. A year is a long time to be patient, i would not have been.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:55 PM

Have you contacted any of the mods?? I hope you get this worked out
Old 01-23-2009, 08:57 PM

I'm crashing tonight since I have to be up at 4:30am to get to work. Will check back either tomorrow night or Monday morning to see what you guys think. Thanks so far for the responses guys.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:01 PM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.