First Truck Advice. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Website Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Any Website Related comments go here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
First Truck Advice.

Just last week, my old man made me a pretty hard deal to refuse. But I need some advice from truck people. On a local used car lot is a 2003 F250 triton v10 lariat fx4 lifted 8 inches, 37.5 inch toyo open country m/t, 20 inch xd series wheels, perfect interior, upgraded stereo, exhaust, 123xxx miles etc. On the same lot is a 1975 f150 with a restored interior and good shape body. Pretty solid truck. The deal is if I drive the 75 until Im a sophmore in college (sophmore in HS now) with no crashes that are my fault, I get to build my dream truck. Or I can get the v10 as mentioned above right now. Thoughts on what I should do?

Dream truck that I would get :
2013 F350 SRW Powerstroke 4x4 shortbed platinum (ruby red)
8 inch pro comp lift
38.5 inch mud grapplers
22 inch BMF wheels
Road armor bumper
Custom grill with LED bars inside
Custom red diamond stitched seats and headliner
Sound system
5 inch straight piped exhaust with 8 inch tip
Chipped and tuned to 600 hp
Color changing halo headlights
Smoked LED taillights
Whatever the hell else I want on it and installed

Dont want to hear anything negative. Yes I am a spoiled little kid who doesnt know the value of money even though Ive been working with my dad since 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 06:03 PM
Premium Member

What does Daddy recommend?
Old 11-25-2013, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotta_gofast View Post
What does Daddy recommend?
Waiting till college. But love how on forums they treat you like everyone else if you know your **** until you tell them your 16
Old 11-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you wont want the same stuff now that you will when you are in college.

Rock the 75, focus on school, and dont look back.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjarrett View Post
Waiting till college. But love how on forums they treat you like everyone else if you know your **** until you tell them your 16
Are other forum members treating you unfairly because of comments of below example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianjarrett View Post
Just last week, my old man made me a pretty hard deal to refuse.

Dream truck that I would get :
2013 F350 SRW Powerstroke 4x4 shortbed platinum (ruby red)
8 inch pro comp lift
38.5 inch mud grapplers
22 inch BMF wheels
Road armor bumper
Custom grill with LED bars inside
Custom red diamond stitched seats and headliner
Sound system
5 inch straight piped exhaust with 8 inch tip
Chipped and tuned to 600 hp
Color changing halo headlights
Smoked LED taillights
Whatever the hell else I want on it and installed

Yes I am a spoiled little kid who doesnt know the value of money.

Just a friendly heads up, you sound very much like a 16 year old who's parents will buy you anything and employ you since you were 13 because you are family. Their are those of us who would have worked a farm day and night for two summers to purchase the '75 F150 (and would have been proud of it). These types of people might find your comments about your father buying you a 50K truck and 10K of modifications both comical and concerning of the future generation.

My advice is to tell your dad to hold his checkbook. Since you've been working for 3 years now you should have enough cash saved up to purchase that 75 F150. Its an extremely valuable lesson that REALLY teaches you the value of a hard earned dollar and your father will appreciate and respect that decision more than you will know.... then milk him for a S/C 460 big block and a lift for that 75
Old 11-25-2013, 06:23 PM
Premium Member

....I forgot to add that a triton V10 shares all the coherent engine troubles as the 5.4 modular motors but with even worse fuel economy. That in itself would convince me of the 75 unless you were using the truck for hauling/towing.... then I would just consider an older diesel.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I can remember that I would sit up for hours building (in my head) the most perfect of cars. Mine was I believe a 1970 Chevelle. So I know what you are going through.
Im trying to get a idea on how much financial help you will getting. My daughter gets $50 every 2 weeks for gas. If your gonna be doing any kinda driving the v10 is gonna be brutal with fuel cost. But if you got the backing then this isn't a issue.
Im gonna suggest that you look at the 75. For one if I was in your place the lifted 4x4 would just get me into trouble. And the 75's are getting old. Heck you could start calling them classic.
Be proud of having a "old man" that can afford to buy you a nice ride. Nothing to be ashamed of. But when you get it show the respect back to him by taking care of it.
Oh and ya I got my 70 Chevelle. And had a lot of fun with it and in it.......
Old 11-25-2013, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinnisoj View Post
I can remember that I would sit up for hours building (in my head) the most perfect of cars. Mine was I believe a 1970 Chevelle. So I know what you are going through.
Im trying to get a idea on how much financial help you will getting. My daughter gets $50 every 2 weeks for gas. If your gonna be doing any kinda driving the v10 is gonna be brutal with fuel cost. But if you got the backing then this isn't a issue.
Im gonna suggest that you look at the 75. For one if I was in your place the lifted 4x4 would just get me into trouble. And the 75's are getting old. Heck you could start calling them classic.
Be proud of having a "old man" that can afford to buy you a nice ride. Nothing to be ashamed of. But when you get it show the respect back to him by taking care of it.
Oh and ya I got my 70 Chevelle. And had a lot of fun with it and in it.......
Ata boy... and that fun you had in it now costs you $50 bi-weekly. haha
Old 11-25-2013, 06:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Yes sir! X's 4!!! I fear the day that I find that car in somebody field. Its gonna cost me a fortune!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It's not a matter of the money in the future. Right now the only way I can get the f150 is to trade in my moms 2008 Hyundai Elantra and then she'll out the rest from my pocket. While driving a month ago in our 04 4runner, I cause a deep hash in the side and just paid 1000 of my own money to fix it. So an 04 4runner and a 08 Elantra are wha would be given to me. And the truck in the future completely depends on whether I would wreck this one I get, it's like telling your kid if they get straight A's till high school you'll buy them a new mustang. But yes I do understand where you're coming from about hard work and how some people would consider it pathetic to buy me my own truck in college. But if you won your dream truck in the lottery would you feel bad because it's not your money who paid for it? And it was my dads offer he made, I didn't beg for it,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.