Peace Needs to Be Restored - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Website Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Any Website Related comments go here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 02:32 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Peace Needs to Be Restored

Over this past few months there has been many, many, many problems with members getting banned or choosing to leave without returning unless steps are takin higher up within the org. Regardless of what everyone thinks there are Moderators and Administrators that are doing everything they can. When threads start to get out of control, or when threads are started that need constant monitoring this takes time away from anything the admins or mods can be doing to actually resolve this problem.

Obviously what we (members of the org and myself) are doing now isn't working and only causing more problems as more and more members are either getting banned or getting warnings because they are breaking the COC. We need to try something different and I think we are at the point to leave it in the hands of the mods and admins. I know without a doubt there are certain admins and mods that are working to resolve the problems and most of these guys have the same opinion about the member (members) that keep causing problems.

It's a fact they have been banned from other sites and will eventually be banned from this one as well. It just takes time. I hate to stand aside as more and more valuable members leave this site and choose not to come back. It's hard to realize that we as members are only further hurting ourselves by continually starting new threads about the same subject that's been brought up several times... And closed.

Just because we can not see anything being done to resolve the issues in the org, doesn't mean nothing is in fact being done. I truly hope certain vendors are banned and other members that have choose to leave come back and continue to help out other fellow org members. I know everyone's intentions are for the best and that's why I choose to always chime in but in fact we are only hurting ourselves and taking the spotlight away from... Well you know who.

I said this earlier but I need to say it again... It's very hard to stand by and basically do nothing, I still believe that when a member post incorrect information or just flat out lies (and then hides behind his supporting vendor status) we should still stand up for ourselves. Hopefully at least some of you take this to heart and can simply try and defuse this situation a little before more and more members are banned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
its like the middle east up in here.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Let's Run'em

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TwinTurboStroker
Thank you .
Old 09-20-2013, 02:50 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
Over this past few months there has been many, many, many problems with members getting banned or choosing to leave without returning unless steps are takin higher up within the org. Regardless of what everyone thinks there are Moderators and Administrators that are doing everything they can. When threads start to get out of control, or when threads are started that need constant monitoring this takes time away from anything the admins or mods can be doing to actually resolve this problem.

Obviously what we (members of the org and myself) are doing now isn't working and only causing more problems as more and more members are either getting banned or getting warnings because they are breaking the COC. We need to try something different and I think we are at the point to leave it in the hands of the mods and admins. I know without a doubt there are certain admins and mods that are working to resolve the problems and most of these guys have the same opinion about the member (members) that keep causing problems.

It's a fact they have been banned from other sites and will eventually be banned from this one as well. It just takes time. I hate to stand aside as more and more valuable members leave this site and choose not to come back. It's hard to realize that we as members are only further hurting ourselves by continually starting new threads about the same subject that's been brought up several times... And closed.

Just because we can not see anything being done to resolve the issues in the org, doesn't mean nothing is in fact being done. I truly hope certain vendors are banned and other members that have choose to leave come back and continue to help out other fellow org members. I know everyone's intentions are for the best and that's why I choose to always chime in but in fact we are only hurting ourselves and taking the spotlight away from... Well you know who.

I said this earlier but I need to say it again... It's very hard to stand by and basically do nothing, I still believe that when a member post incorrect information or just flat out lies (and then hides behind his supporting vendor status) we should still stand up for ourselves. Hopefully at least some of you take this to heart and can simply try and defuse this situation a little before more and more members are banned.
I'm glad to see someone gets it. And very well said. Thank you
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
RollinEarly05...now

It's obvious we as members are only shooting ourselves in the foot... are intentions are for the best, but sometimes things spiral outa control. I also can't wait to certain members go the org can be what it once was!

I'll say it again, its hard to see members like Snake leave and do nothing about it... but we are not helping anything by distracting the admins or mods from the actually problem, which they are aware of.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:04 PM
ADMIN AND TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinEarly99 View Post
It's obvious we as members are only shooting ourselves in the foot... are intentions are for the best, but sometimes things spiral outa control. I also can't wait to certain members go the org can be what it once was!

I'll say it again, its hard to see members like Snake leave and do nothing about it... but we are not helping anything by distracting the admins or mods from the actually problem, which they are aware of.
The staff is more than aware of all sides points etc. we are in a no win situation. With no light at the end of the tunnel. I've been here from the start. Members come and go for different reasons. In no way does the . Org want to lose members over any of it. At some point there has to be a point where we as adults have to realize we have lives away from the forum. And at some point have to be just that. Adults
Old 09-20-2013, 03:11 PM
Smoke Eater

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to fdchief
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
I'm glad to see someone gets it. And very well said. Thank you

Sooooo you are saying the rest of us dont get it? kinda unbecoming dont ya think?..... this is so far from right i dont know what to say.... We get it... weve gotten it... but it comes to a point when all we hear is "its getting taken care of" garble.. and when we see no results for MONTHS.. thats when the members begin to really question the intentions.. not of the Mods or Admins... but AG and everything else....

There is no doubt in most of our minds that the mods and admins have been workin to fix things... but when is enough, enough?.... we love this site.. we are passionate about this site... but we are also passionate about the integrity of this site.... and continually allowing a vendor "special" and yes its special priviledges, when they have continuously lied, slandered other vendors and then played the "everyone is against us card," has gotten old and members are tired of it.

I can speak for im pretty sure 99% of the org here and state we have nothing but respect for the mods and admins... however just because we respect yall dont mean we are sheep.... please remember that.. because your name is red, orange. pink, perywinkle whatever... dont mean we will always conform and agree with what YOU feel your interpretation of the CoC is.

there in lies the problem.. a CoC needs to be black and white.. i write SOP's for a living... there are entirely too many gray areas that allow personal feelings to get involved into making a proffesional decision.. have yall ever though about putting a committee together of just normal paying members admins and mods to come up with a CoC that is black and white so we can remove the personal side of things?.....

Im sure ive pissed many of the mods and admins off, that is not my intention.... my intention is to give you the view from the other side of things and try to do it in a way as to not insult you, like i have seen done to some of us lowly paying members....

and if you think im way off base on this... please talk to the members.... not amongst yourselves in your own lil happy lil moderator forum... but put it out in a post by the mods and admins.. ask the members if they feel like they are treated second class... i guarantee you that you will be suprised by how many feel that way...... which gets us back to square one.. its about integrity.. and passion.... two things that when mixed can make the proverbial sh*t hit the fan quicker than Rodslingers truck can take out illegally merging traffic.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Much agreed.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 09-20-2013, 03:35 PM
RollinEarly05...now

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdchief View Post
Sooooo you are saying the rest of us dont get it? kinda unbecoming dont ya think?..... this is so far from right i dont know what to say.... We get it... weve gotten it... but it comes to a point when all we hear is "its getting taken care of" garble.. and when we see no results for MONTHS.. thats when the members begin to really question the intentions.. not of the Mods or Admins... but AG and everything else....

There is no doubt in most of our minds that the mods and admins have been workin to fix things... but when is enough, enough?.... we love this site.. we are passionate about this site... but we are also passionate about the integrity of this site.... and continually allowing a vendor "special" and yes its special priviledges, when they have continuously lied, slandered other vendors and then played the "everyone is against us card," has gotten old and members are tired of it.

I can speak for im pretty sure 99% of the org here and state we have nothing but respect for the mods and admins... however just because we respect yall dont mean we are sheep.... please remember that.. because your name is red, orange. pink, perywinkle whatever... dont mean we will always conform and agree with what YOU feel your interpretation of the CoC is.

there in lies the problem.. a CoC needs to be black and white.. i write SOP's for a living... there are entirely too many gray areas that allow personal feelings to get involved into making a proffesional decision.. have yall ever though about putting a committee together of just normal paying members admins and mods to come up with a CoC that is black and white so we can remove the personal side of things?.....

Im sure ive pissed many of the mods and admins off, that is not my intention.... my intention is to give you the view from the other side of things and try to do it in a way as to not insult you, like i have seen done to some of us lowly paying members....

and if you think im way off base on this... please talk to the members.... not amongst yourselves in your own lil happy lil moderator forum... but put it out in a post by the mods and admins.. ask the members if they feel like they are treated second class... i guarantee you that you will be suprised by how many feel that way...... which gets us back to square one.. its about integrity.. and passion.... two things that when mixed can make the proverbial sh*t hit the fan quicker than Rodslingers truck can take out illegally merging traffic.
Trust me Im right there with you, but what have we accomplished? Besides exposing CFDs true colors? Multiple bans and infractions... We are only walking backwards lately.
Old 09-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

If calmer minds can prevail, the mods do their jobs really. There are rules, not to say there may be 1 or two personal agendas involved, but all are within coc rules. Yes there could, and may be some bias towards some members, but surely there could be past issues, that aren't, and wouldn't be brought up affecting such current decisions. The whole CFD debacle, they are obviously trying to build their product better from their pics. Their early kits were pretty bad, but it seems they have made significant improvements based on their photos. Definitely not on par with the top grade fabricators,but seems like the average joe could use it well without issue. No show grade stuff for those who need it, nonetheless ok for an average guy that needs a turbo. Tuning, CFD should outsource, plenty of good options, even some relatively local. It would only improve their standing. Long and short, keep upping the quality, get a good local tuner. I would gladly help out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.