New ORG news - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Website Comments, Suggestions and Announcements Any Website Related comments go here.

Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New ORG news

K....a lot of you have been asking around wanting to know who the new Admin Dascrow is and what is going on. The short answer is the ORG, and the two other diesel sites of Andy's were sold to Autoforums.com Before anyone panics or gets worried read the full post.

I know the first reaction isnt to be positive, but honestly you should actually be excited. This is going to be a great thing for the ORG and at our growth point there probably isnt anything better that could have happened. I want to stress that NOTHING will change as far as the way the ORG is run on a day to day basis and nobody is coming in here to change a thing. Dan and Autoforums.com purchased this place for what it is, and they want to let Alan, Myself, and All the mods do nothing different than what we have been doing to make the ORG the great place it is!!!

The thing this really does for us is takes the backside load off of Andy, who was strapped for time and didnt have as much experience as these guys who do it for a living. Problems or changes to the site will get taken care of in a much more timely manner and any upgrades or changes that the Admin staff decides to make will be easier to get accomplished. They have an in house graphics guy to sharpen up the look of the ORG a little....and they will be able to possibly help with ROTM prizes and maybe do other contests for the members too that we didnt have the backing to fund at that time. You may see a few small changes like a "forum news" section on the homepage and some things like that...but honestly everything they want to do is for the good of the site and they dont want to make any major changes without consulting the staff first.

The big thing this does for us is takes most of the load off of Andy and quite a bit of load off of myself and Alan...which will allow us to spend more time with the day to day stuff and just be part of the forum. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or to PM me about it. Im REALLY excited about what Autoforums.com brings to the table for the ORG and the fact that they are 100% about allowing us to run the ship the way it always has!!!

Marc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Jon

Cool

I think a thankyou is in order to Andy for all that he has done for us and the site. It is the top diesel site on the net and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt all be here having the fun we do. Besides, if it wasnt for Andy you and I wouldnt be good buds would we Marc?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
ADMIN AND TECH

i think change can be good at times , i dont know how many of the guys have toured around on other sites , but this is definitly the most user friendly site ive seen, which helps with new members just coming in, and even us like me less computer saavy than others ,

and i too want to thank andy for all he has done , as well as the rest of the staff
Old 01-10-2008, 10:14 AM
Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUFFY828 View Post
us like me less computer saavy than others ,

If you need any help scuffy its the least we can do for all the wonderful knowledge you share with us.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:20 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

This sounds like a good thing marc hopefully it will be ! ! !

and thanks again to Alan this site is very awsome and very user friendly ! ! ! ! If it wasn't we would all be at other sites ! ! ! !
Old 01-10-2008, 10:25 AM

I have only been here for a short while but this site is awesome. I have learned more in a few months than I thought possible. Thanks to all who make this site run as smooth as it does and keep up the good work
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 AM
Conservative and Proud

Jon makes a very good point.................

THANKS ANDY FOR CREATING THIS SITE IN THE FIRST PLACE!

: thumb:
Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 AM
Premium Member

also,,,,the site will be down starting at 4:15 (16:15 for the military folks)today, expect a 15-60 minute downtime..
Old 01-10-2008, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
also,,,,the site will be down starting at 4:15 (16:15 for the military folks)today, expect a 15-60 minute downtime..
messing with it already (jk)
Old 01-10-2008, 10:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetco416 View Post
messing with it already (jk)
just transfering it over to thier servers.... And if you were around for any of the prior moves.....15-60 minutes is great!!! there was one that i couldnt get on the ORG for almost 48 hours before....i about died!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.